DescriptionAn extremely handsome Victorian family home enjoying an oasis of seclusion being positioned along this popular cul-de-sac approached from Adelaide Road.
This charming and gracious property, extended and fully renovated in 2008 including double glazing throughout, is presented in excellent decorative order and enjoys bright, spacious accommodation of approximately 235sq.m. (2,530sq.ft.) benefiting from excellent natural light. The generously proportioned living space is further complemented with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornice work, centre roses, picture rails and many other beautiful original features of its era. At rear ground floor level, a wonderful open-plan modern kitchen/dining and family area with utility area and w.c. which opens into and enjoys magnificent views over the manicured south westerly facing rear garden of approximately 27m (89ft) abundant with a wide variety of mature flowers, shrubs and trees. At the hall level, a most elegant reception hall with two stunning reception rooms, and understairs cloak hanging area. At the upper levels a very fine master bedroom, four further bedrooms, one currently laid out as a study/home office, a bathroom and shower room.
A courtyard area is accessed from the kitchen, incorporating a storage area and opens to a purpose-built outhouse that includes a drying room, the mechanics and workings of the house with a large 330m water cylinder, Vokera Mynute HE gas fired central heating boiler, plumbed for a tumble dryer and houses the pump for the water system. There is pedestrian rear access at the end of the garden to a vehicular lane and a large garage offers excellent storage which could equally be opened onto the lane to provide off street car parking.
The location of the property needs little introduction and is steeped in history. It offers easy access to the DART located on Station Road which is just a five-minute walk away and numerous bus services. Located within walking distance are the villages of Sandycove, Glasthule and Dalkey which boast a wealth of amenities including top class restaurants, bistros, pubs, specialised shops and boutiques. Also nearby are the famous Forty Foot at Sandycove, Killiney Hill, tennis, golf, football and Cuala GAA club. Some of Dublin?s most renowned primary and secondary schools are all within easy reach. Dun Laoghaire is nearby with its ever-walkable piers, the People?s Park (which hosts a Farmer?s market every Sunday) and numerous shops and restaurants in the town. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiasts. The convenience and desirability of this house and its location cannot be overstated.
- Reception Hall (9.50m x 2.00m )with picture rail, dado rail, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, digital security alarm panel, enclosed fuse board, radiator cover and door to
- Drawing Room (5.80m x 5.10m )with bay window with shutters intact overlooking the front, picture rail, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, very fine period marble fireplace with arched cast iron inset, open fire and raised marble hearth and television point
- Sitting Room (5.10m x 4.30m )with large sliding sash double glazed window with shutters intact opening into the enclosed courtyard, ceiling coving, picture rail, decorative rose, cast iron period fireplace with arched inset and raised marble hearth, polished timber floor, sideboard storage unit with cupboards and drawers under, book shelving and box shelving over
- Rear Hallway with steps down to the rear, understairs cloak hanging and door to
- Internal Lobby Area with solid walnut floor engineered for underfloor heating, intercom to front door, recessed lighting and door to
- Downstairs Cloakroom with wall mounted w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboard storage under, mirror over, tiled floor and extractor
- Utility Room with fitted press units, cupboards, single drainer single bowl stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, space for larder freezer, worktop, extractor, network booster, airing cupboard wih radiator and tiled floor
- Family Area (9.70m x 4.30m )open plan with kitchen, family room has a continuation of the solid walnut floor with underfloor heating, feature glazed open fire, beamed ceiling with skylight, concertina folding doors leading to the rear and provision for wall mounted television
- Kitchen/Dining Area (9.80m x 2.70m )with cream factory gloss finish fitted kitchen, centre island with a one and a half bowl sink unit, one with insinkerator, integrated Miele dishwasher, pull out bin, polished granite worktop, further storage, breakfast bar, tiled floor with underfloor heating, Climote heating controls, wine rack, Liebherr fridge/freezer, wine cooler with freezer underneath on one side, twin Neff stainless steel oven with drawers below and cupboards over, chest of drawers, Neff four ring induction hob with polished marble splashback and upstands, feature beamed ceiling with skylights, double glazed PVC door opens out to the courtyard and opening into the dining/breakfast area with a continuation of the walnut floor, windows looking out over the granite patio and the beautifully landscaped rear garden
- Courtyard with storage provision and door to purpose built outhouse that incorporates the mechanics and workings of the house with a large 330m water cylinder, Vokera Mynute HE gas fired central heating boiler, plumbing for a tumble dryer and pump for the water
- First Floor Return
- Bedroom 1 (4.10m x 3.90m )with a range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes, shelving, dressing table unit with mirrored back, cupboards over and drawers under and sliding sash double glazed window looking over the rear
- Shower Room with power shower, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards over, tiled floor and walls, underfloor heating, fitted mirror and extractor
- First Floor
- Landing with recessed lighting, pattern stained glass skylight giving great light into the area, dado rail and intercom to front
- Bedroom 2 (3.50m x 2.50m )with a range of built in sliderobes, shelving to the side, cupboards over, second set of wardrobes, double glazed sliding sash window facing front, ceiling coving and decorative rose
- Bedroom 3 (6.00m x 4.60m )with bay window overlooking the front, a range of built in wardrobes with centre dressing table and mirrored back, cupboards under, secondary set of wardrobes glazed with a chest of drawers underneath, ceiling coving and ornate decorative rose
- Bedroom 4 (5.10m x 4.20m )with ceiling coving, picture rail, decorative rose, a very good range of built in mirrored sliderobes, telephone point, box shelving unit and picture window sliding sash double glazed to the rear
- Second Floor Return with recessed lighting
- Family Bathroom with large bath with tiled surround and glazed shelving, mirror, recessed lighting, step in tiled power shower with product shelf, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with drawers under, tiled splashback, illuminated mirrored fronted medicine cabinet over, chrome heated towel rail, w.c., recessed lighting, part tiled walls and fully tiled floor
- Bedroom 5/Home Office (3.80m x 2.40m )with sliding sash double glazed window overlooking the rear, ceiling coving, hatch to roof space and timber effect floor
FeaturesHighly sought after and desirable residential address
Within a short stroll of the Forty Foot and the superb amenities in Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey Town
Stunning original period features fully intact
Manicured gardens enjoying a south westerly orientation of approximately 27m (89ft).
Underfloor heating throughout the kitchen/dining and family area
Extended and modernised in 2008 with double glazing throughout
Gas fired central heating. (Boiler replaced in 2008)
Security alarm system.
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included.
Floor area of approximately 235sq.m. (2,530sq.ft.)
Exceptionally high BER rating for a property of this period