If you are not happy with this Privacy Statement you should not use the Services.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts The Irish Times Limited trading as MyHome.ie, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2 is the data controller.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Services, by creating an account with us, but uploading properties to any of the Services, participate in discussion board or other social media functions on the Services, be registering for alerts, by entering a competition, promotion or survey or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information we collect about you:
With regard to the mobile applications:
1. Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, unique mobile identifiers, such as the device’s IMEI number, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, the time zone settings.
2. Details of your use of our mobile applications including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature you will be asked to specifically consent to your data being used for this purpose.
With regard to the site:
• Technical information, including IP protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type;
• Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locaters (URL) click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time), content that you have viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (which will include clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away the page.
With regard to the Services we may receive information from other sources. We may receive information that you have used any of the other websites or mobile applications we operate or other services that we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytical providers, search issue providers) and may receive information about you from them.
When you sign up for a MyHome service, we will track your non-personal information previously collected about you through our Services with the personal information provided when you register.
We use information held about you in the following ways
1. Information you give us.
We will use this information:
• To carry out our obligations arising out of any contracts entered into between you and us to contact you in relation to property sale and rentals and to provide you with the information, about products and services that you request from us.
• To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer or our business partners offer.
• To respond to any queries you submit to us.
• To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, subject to your consent. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes on the form on which we collect your data. You may unsubscribe from any communications by electronic means at any further date.
• To notify you about changes to the Services.
• To ensure that content from our site and mobile applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• To send you news letters or other forms of communication in relation to the latest changes to the Services, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting.
2. Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
• To administer our site and mobile applications for internal operations including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
• To improve our site and mobile applications to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
• As part of our efforts to keep our site and mobile applications safe and secure.
• To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and mobile applications about content, goods or services we or third parties offer.
• To customise certain features of the Services to provide you with an enhanced experience.
3. Information we receive from other sources.
• We may combine this information with information you give us and information that we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the type of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with:
1. Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries or ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
2. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy, practices or content of such websites.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet Service Provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email [email@example.com]. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
Our site provides users with the opportunity to opt-in to receive promotional/marketing information from us and selected third parties via email. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the footer of the email.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or the security practices of The Irish Times Limited trading as Myhome.ie please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org