The property comprises a part three storey and part two storey gothic style former Monastery attached to the current Mount Argus Church. It was originally designed by Irish architect JJ McCarthy. It features oak panelling and doors along with a central court yard, tiled mosaic floors and brick vaulted ceilings. As a purpose built accommodation block it lends itself to be split and the developed area will comprise approx. 2,950 sq. m. (31,755 sq. ft.). The development will be accessed through Mount Argus Park.
Magnificent redevelopment opportunity of the former Mount Argus Monastery on approx. 0.71ha (1.75 acres)
Attached to the Church of Mount Argus and the Shrine of Saint Charles
Harolds's Cross is approx 2km south of Dublin city centre and benefits from its excellent accessibility
Full planning permission for its conversion in to 32 residential units
Further potential for additional units in the grounds subject to planning permission
Mount Argus and Harold's Cross is one of the most sought after residential locations in Dublin's South city centre. There is excellent public transport to and from Dublin city centre with numerous bus routes operating along Kimmage Road and there is a large number of local retail shops along Harold's Cross together with restaurants and cafÃ©s. Mount Argus Park which the monastery overlooks has a wide range of recreational amenities and its setting is sure to be attractive to end purchasers. There is excellent educational facilities in the area including St Claire's Convent primary school, Scoil Mologa Gael Scoil and Harold's Cross National School.
Mount Argus is accessed via Kimmage Road Lower and Mount Argus Park, a quiet route leading to the St Paul of the Cross Mount Argus Church. The location has long historical links as the official home of Saint Charles of Mount Argus. Saint Charles of Mount Argus was born John Andrew Houben on the 11th December 1821 in the village of Munstergeleen in Holland. In 1841 he was enrolled for military service ...