DescriptionJames L. Murtagh Auctioneers are delighted to bring this superb c.73 acre model farm in Eskerbane, Brideswell to the market, conveniently located only 8 minutes from Athlone and the M6.
This perfectly developed livestock farm is renowned for its feeding ability and is set out in large neat regular shaped divisions with no waste whatsoever.The lands are all of top-quality lushes pasture and new grass, bounded by neat stone walls with good quality boundary and internal fences.
The farmyard is intelligently designed, the layout of sheds and penning and the paddock grazing system make it possible for one operator to handle and move all livestock freely throughout the holding in a way that compliments good grass management.
The various lots are all within easy reach of each other and would be suitable for dairy or other farming enterprises.
The lands may be sold in one or more lots as follows;
Lot 1: c.31 Acres and Farmyard. This holding is easily accessed from the road, there is a silo area as you enter the holding and livestock loading area gated and secured by heavy duty barriers. A stone out house is situated at the front of the holding, currently in use as a store however would be ideal for a conversion or extension for a dwelling house.
The hardcore road leads you to the innovatively laid out farmyard. The slatted shed, Effulent tank and collection yard, Hayshed, and Leanto are all within close proximity, leading to a holding area.
The lands are all in permanent pasture, laid out in 6 neat divisions partly bounded by intact neat stone walls with outer electric fences. The paddocks are interconnected promoting the free movement of livestock throughout with piped water to all divisions.
The farmyard facilities and accommodation includes;
- a 4 bay slatted shed with central passage 12.5m x 19m
- Large silage pit - 15m x 28m
- Effluent tank and collection yard
- 3 bay round roof hayshed - 7.5m x 15.5m
- 4 bay leanto with drinkers/diving gates and isolation area - 19m x 7.6m
- The sheds are all newly wired and in excellent condition, mains water.
.- Stone out house - 4.7m x 11m
Lot 2:c.37 Acres - These lands are located within walking distance from Lot 1.
These lands are laid out in neat divisions, all in permanent pasture recently reseeded, and are fenced for sheep and cattle with the river cross providing a natural water supply There is excellent road frontage which may provide an opportunity for the building of a dwelling, subject to the necessary planning consent.
Lot 3: c.5.6 Acres - These lands are within close proximity to Lot 1 & Lot 2, which have been recently reseeded and in new grass. Bounded by the River Cross, which provides a natural water supply and fenced for sheep.
Lot 4: The Entire c.73 Acres
In addition to its ideal proximity to Athlone Town, the holding is located less than 10 minutes' drive to the M6 Dublin to Galway and is with easy reach of major national road networks including N61, N6, N55 providing access to larger towns.
1km from Eskerbane Village, 3km Curraghboy, 16km Ballinasloe and 20km Roscommon.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a model farm/ signature holding with some of the finest grazing lands in the midlands and is suitable for any farming enterprise. Inspection of this holding is highly recommended.
Solrs: Jack Duncan & Co., Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. Ph: 090 9646744
The auction will take place on Thursday 8th July at 4pm in the Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone & via LSL Auctions online. To adhere to Covid-19 regulations, please register your attendance for the upcoming auction with James L. Murtagh Auctioneers or if you wish to bid online with LSL Online.
Registration with deposit must take place before 5pm Thursday 1st July 2021
- Identification: In order to register, it will be necessary to upload a copy of your passport / driving licence and proof of address, i.e., bank statement, correspondence from a Government agency / source, dated within the last 3 months.
- Registration: In order to bid at the auction, it will be necessary to register with our office before 5pm Thursday 1st July 2021 . The auctioneer assumes the bidder is bidding for himself/herself. If the bidder intends to purchase a Lot in a name other than his or her personal name, arrangements must be made with the auctioneers in advance. By registering you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the auction and authorise us, as agents for the vendor, to sign the completed Contract for Sale on your behalf.
- Deposit: A deposit of €30 000 is required in order to bid for Lot 1, Lot 2 & Lot 4 (The Entire) and A deposit of €5,000 is required in order to bid for Lot 3 and this is payable in advance of the auction by online bank transfer. Our bank details will be provided to you at registration. The successful bidder's deposit will become non-refundable as soon as the property is sold and a binding Contract is entered into and the agents are hereby authorised to sign the Contract For Sale on your behalf. The deposit payable on the signing of the Contract is 10% of the purchase price. If there is a shortfall in the deposit furnished by the purchaser prior to the auction, then the purchaser shall be required to lodge the balance of the deposit with the auctioneers within 1 business day of the online auction. If you are not the successful purchaser, your deposit will be returned to you (in full) For further details contact us on 0449340088