DescriptionKeogh Auctioneers are delighted to present to market Devon View House which is one of the finest Georgian Townhouses in the East Cork / West Waterford region and which currently operates as a luxury Guest House and is being sold as a going concern.
While Devon View House epitomises Georgian elegance it benefits from being fully renovated to commercial Guest House standard and sensitively and very stylishly modernised by the current vendors, while still retaining its character and an abundance of original period features.
This very impressive property has beautifully appointed sumptuous rooms for Guests including 6 Ensuite Bedrooms, 1 Suite incorporating 2 bedrooms and Ensuite, Lounge, Dining Room and a courtyard garden. In addition, the owners accommodation includes a two bedroom apartment, sitting room, kitchen, utility, laundry room, and garage and storage rooms. Externally the property has rear vehicular access from Strand Street providing secure off street parking in a gated courtyard.
With a distinctive stately visage, Devon View House is superbly positioned on Pearse Square within an easy stroll of all Youghal's amenities including both the Blue Flag beach and the historic town centre which has an abundance of quality restaurants and bars, walks and facilities.
Youghal itself is a stunning heritage seaside town and as a host of IRONMAN is an up and coming destination for triathlon athletes.
Devon View House is a proven, very successful enterprise and would appeal to a discerning buyer seeking a flourishing established business in a great location.
- Double Georgian Timber Front Door opens to inside Hall Door of artisan glass opening to Reception Hall with tiled floor circa 9.7m x 2.3m
- Lounge to Front of Building with timber floor, open fire and large window circa 4.9m x 4.6m
- Library Room with timber floor and fire place circa 4.3m x 2.5m leading to
- Dining Room with timber floor, French doors to garden and double aspect windows, kitchen access and seating arrangement for 18 people circa 8.5m x 3.2m
- Laundry Room with access to Garage
- Owner's sitting room with Timber Floor circa 3.7m x 3.6m and access to both Kitchen and Owner's apartment which contains 2 bedrooms and shower room
- Kitchen fully fitted to commercial standard circa 6.2m x 3.4m with Utility
- Wide Georgian Staircase to upper Floors, the staircase and upper floors are all carpeted except for wet areas which are all tiled floor to ceiling
1st Floor Return
- Storage Room
- Staff WC circa 1.7m x 1.3m
- Bedroom 1: Stepped with River Views, Fitted Wardrobe, and Ensuite Shower Room circa 3.7m x 2.9m
- Bedroom 2: with fireplace and Ensuite Shower Room circa 4.2m x 2.4m
- Bedroom 3: with fireplace, exposed stone feature wall, 3 windows (double aspect), and Ensuite Bathroom circa 7.8m x 5.4m
2nd Floor Return
- Bedroom 4: with exposed stone feature wall and Ensuite Shower Room circa 3.8m x 3.8m
- Bedroom Suite which is a Family style room incorporating 2 Bedrooms (circa 4.4m x 2.5m and 2.4m x 2.1m) and a Shower Room (circa 2.2m x 1.5m)
- Bedroom 6: Double aspect with River views, fireplace and Ensuite Shower Room circa 4.8mx 4.3m
- Bedroom 7: with Ensuite Shower Room circa 3.6m x 2.7m
External: Property extends from Pearse Square to Strand Street with pedestrian entrance from Pearse Square and vehicular entrance from Strand Street to a private car park. Garden to the side with small patio area to the front of the building. Garage.
Viewing: Strictly by prior appointment with the Agent