DescriptionA magnificent detached Edwardian period residence built very much in the Orpen style and occupying a wonderful position on Seafield Road in the heart of Killiney standing on in excess of one acre of maturely stocked and planted lawned gardens which are a particular feature of this impressive family home and surround the property perfectly.
The gardens ensure complete privacy and seclusion and provide an oasis of calm and tranquillity behind the high redbrick wall and electric security gates. Once inside the sylvan setting lends itself more to a house in the countryside rather than in the suburbs of south county Dublin, yet its rural coastal setting is only a half an hour commute from the City Centre. It?s really the best of both worlds.
The property boasts road frontage onto Seafield Road of approaching 61m (200ft). Electric gates open into secure off street parking for numerous cars and there is also vehicular access to the rear courtyard and double garages. The property is immediately aesthetically pleasing due to its part red brick wisteria clad exterior, bay windows and the distinctive pitched red pantile roof.
On entering the property, one is greeted by the very generous room proportions and fine period features that can be seen throughout the property. The property does now require updating and modernisation throughout to bring it up to modern day present standards, although it has been very well-maintained over the years.
To the right of the entrance driveway may potentially offer a site for further development of a separate dwelling subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission. It may also be worth considering converting the rear garages within the same application.
This impressive family residence exudes charm and character throughout. It?s bright, light infused accommodation that extends to a very comfortable 452 sq.m (4,865 sq.ft) over two levels. It occupies a wonderful position on this tree lined sylvan setting just off Killiney Hill Road. Shops, churches and a wide variety of schools including Holy Child, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and St. Andrew?s College, Blackrock College, St. Michael?s College and Castle Park are all easily accessible as are the many interesting costal scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along Killiney Beach. Along with the DART on Station Road, the N11, M50 and LUAS are only a short commute away which make accessing the city centre, the airport and further afield all very simple.
- Outside from the parking area a gate through the hedging leads to a large side garden, grounds are laid out in lawn with mature shrubbery, trees, box hedging surrounding rose beds and lavender with opening through to a rear section with an octagonal summer house, behind the house there are steps up to an orchard with box hedging, greenhouse and apple trees with opening through to a rear lawn with decked area and detached Barna shed along with a rear courtyard
- Reception Hall (5.00m x 1.80m )with solid parquet floor and digital security alarm unit
- Inner Hall (3.75m x 2.90m )with ceiling coving and door to
- Drawing Room (6.70m x 4.85m )with dual aspect windows, two to the side and one bay overlooking the front lawn, Adams style fireplace with slate and brass inset, slate hearth and open fire and door to
- Study/Library (3.85m x 3.80m )with twin display cabinets either side of the chimney breast, Adams style fireplace with slate and brass inset, gas coal effect fire and slate hearth and window looking front
- Dining Room (6.75m x 4.55m )with dual aspect windows looking to the side and to the front, ceiling coving, dado rail, attractive timber fireplace with plaster relief, slate and brass hearth, gas coal effect fire and slate hearth, butler's pantry/bar with prep area and hidden door opening into the
- Family Room (5.25m x 4.55m )with fitted shelving, intercom to the front, telephone point, hidden door opening to the understairs storage housing the fuse boards, Jotul solid fuel stove and opens through to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (8.35m x 4.20m )with two arches with red brick separating the rooms, natural stone tiled floor, Dalkey design kitchen painted press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, marble worktop, centre island with marble worktop, further storage, prep sink, dual bowl London sink, integrated Zanussi dishwasher, Samsung American style fridge/freezer, wine rack, display cabinets, plate rack, Zanussi oven with four ring gas hob over and AGA with two hob dual oven
- Rear Utility (3.50m x 2.00m )with natural stone tiled floor, fitted shelving, London sink, marble top, digital heating controls, recessed lighting and door to rear courtyard
- Guest W.C. with pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., timber panelled walls, natural stone floor and shelving
- Sunroom (8.50m x 3.50m )with multi-paned double folding doors opening in from the Family Room, vaulted ceiling, exposed red brick walls and two sliding patio doors opening out to the side garden
- Lobby (4.45m x 2.80m )with double folding multi-paned doors, door to garage, recessed lighting, digital security alarm unit and cast iron fireplace
- Upstairs with solid oak limed stairwell leading up to the
- Guest Quarters (10.00m x 4.15m )with vaulted ceiling, windows overlooking the courtyard, built in box shelving, cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, gas coal effect fire, wardrobes and drawers and double folding doors open to the
- Shower Room with step in tiled Mira shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., tiled floor, extractor, hatch to roof space and recessed lighting
- First Floor
- Landing with attractive fireplace and high ceiling
- Guest W.C. with painted wainscoting, w.c., wash hand basin, store and maple floor
- Bedroom 1 (4.20m x 3.25m )with built in wardrobes, ceiling coving and wash hand basin with shelving to the side and cast iron legs under
- Lobby with box shelving and door to
- Master Suite
- Bedroom (4.70m x 4.15m )with bay area, windows overlooking the side, box shelving, painted cast iron fireplace and door through to
- Dressing Room (4.00m x 2.20m )with a good range of built in wardrobes, some incorporating drawers and door to
- En Suite Bathroom with bath with shower attachment over, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with mirror over and cupboards under, w.c. and shelved hot press with dual immersion unit and timer
- Secondary Landing with steps up and walk in linen cupboard
- Bedroom 3 (4.85m x 4.55m )with vaulted ceiling, picture window facing south overlooking the gardens, painted fireplace with cast iron inset, gas coal effect fire and stone hearth, dual aspect windows and door to
- En Suite Shower Room with Mira Exel step in tiled shower, pedestal wash hand basin and tiled floor
- Nursery (2.60m x 1.90m )with high ceiling and built in shelving unit with fitted mirror and cupboards under
- Dressing Room (3.45m x 3.35m )that forms part of the master suite, vaulted ceiling, a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over and picture window overlooking the front
- Master Bedroom (6.00m x 4.90m
FeaturesPrestigious highly regarded residential address
A stroll from Killiney Beach and DART station
Standing on level regular gardens extending to in excess of 0.4HA (1 acre) with a sunny south and west orientation
Potential to develop the eastern gardens and convert the double garages subject to obtaining the necessary planning permissions
Bright gracious accommodation extending to approximately 452 sq.m (4,865 sq.ft)
Excellent access to the N11, M50, LUAS and airport
Surrounded by a wide range of primary and secondary schools, churches and the popular tranquil scenic walks by the seafront and over Dalkey and Killiney hills
Orpen style Edwardian period residence
Many period embellishments of the era intact including ceiling coving, period fireplaces, window shutters and sash windows
Secure parking for many cars behind electric gates
Gas fired central heating
Digital security alarm
A Protected structure