Savills and Charles McCarthy proudly present The Rectory, Glandore, this property now awaits its new owners who are likely to make it their full time home or indeed their summer residence. This elegant property sits on the edge of this wonderful West Cork village described by many as the Riviera with its south west facing cliff edge properties hanging over the harbour.
Built in early 1800's the home was first occupied by members of the Allen family and known as Chateau Maria as depicted on an 1841 Ordnance Survey map. The bright spacious accommodation has many original features with ornate ceilings and architraves and an exquisite sweeping staircase. All windows are floor to ceiling French. This coastal position is right on the Wild Atlantic Way and faces directly south towards the mouth of the harbour over Adam and Eve the islets at the entrance of the harbour.
The property is accessed by two sweeping driveways which frame the extensive lawn and both of which arrive at the gravelled parking area to the formal entrance to the property. The imposing entrance door is panelled with fanlight overhead and leads to a stone paved foyer. The main hall gives access to three large gracious reception rooms all to the front of the house enjoying spectacular views of the harbour.
The kitchen is at the rear of the property while there is separate living accommodation upstairs which includes a separate kitchen area. Also upstairs there are five ensuite bedrooms which take full advantage of the wonderful sea views.
Much of the land is heavily wooded with majestic tress while beautiful mature gardens including various shrubs and large ferns. A superb terraced walled garden is a fabulous feature of the gardens.