Sylvanmount is located within the ancient ecclesiastical parish of Rathmichael, and in Dublin half barony of Rathdown. The area occupies the eastern slope of the Carrickgollgon Mountain. The site of Sylvanmount commands an extensive and beautiful prospect along the coast from Dalkey Island to Bray Head and is situated towards the northern end of Ballybride Road adjoining ''Chantilly'' to the north, opposite ''Shankill Lodge'' to the west and ''Springfield'' to the south.
The approach to the house, along Ballybride Road from the south, gives an explanation to the name Sylvanmount. The setting is evidently sylvan in character whilst the mount refers to the mount or slope on which the house is situated.
We know that Sylvanmount House and Coach House existed prior to 1838, as they show up in an OSI historical map of 1838, which was published in 1840. What is clear is that these structures display distinctly Georgian influence in the proportion of the windows and the smaller scale windows at first floor level. The decorative porch and the decorative soffit treatment, the bay windows and the decorative timber work indicate a late Georgian or early Victorian influence in contrast to the austere influence of the early Georgian period.
It is clear that the houses at Sylvanmount are spacious, stylish and perfectly finished inside and out. What is not immediately discernible is the superior fabric of each house where Durkan's have incorporated a number of passive house features together with controlled energy saving mechanisms that greatly improve comfort and efficiency while helping to significantly reduce running costs.
These are â€œAâ€ Rated Premium Family Homes that are perfectly arranged and finished inside and ou ...