Who doesn't dream of a nice thatched cottage in the Irish countryside.
Fire crackling, warm cup of tea whilst watching the rolling hills from the windows.
Here is your opportunity to purchase such a place.
Conveniently located on the main road just outside Kilrush sits a 150+ year old quintessential stack stone cottage, coupled with an outbuilding and 0.5 acres of garden. The postcard of Irish cottages!
An American couple purchased this non-protected property in 2009 and set about completely refurbishing it to the high standards warranted, whilst keeping all the character essential to such a unique property. Vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, you name it!
Here is a list of what was completed while in their care:
- Timber front and back doors
- Double glazed windows
- Solid fuel stoves in the kitchen and master bedroom.
- Exposed stack stone walls in kitchen and master bedroom
- Staircase to second bedroom with storage for crockery and new full sized refrigerator
- New hob, clothes washer and ventilated dryer
- Vaulted ceilings with insulation and recessed lighting
- Timber interior doors
- Exposed beams throughout
- Flooring in master bedroom / living room excavated, insulated and concrete poured
- Timber flooring in master bedroom, second bedroom and living room
- All electrics updated
- House hard-wired for security system / camera surveillance
- All piping for heat upgraded, including insulated pipe from boiler in outbuilding to house
- High-end furniture shipped from America, purchased from Restoration HardwareÂ® specifically for this property
- Replaced thatch ridge, freshened rest of roof
- French drain system around the cottage itself, as well as throughout the garden area
- Dedicated water piping from the mains with cutoff on property
- Footpath around cottage
- Stone and sleepers separating footpath from garden
- Timber fencing
- Septic tank cleaned and registered, with new piping from house
All these updates have been photo-documented, and are available to view.