Approached via electric gates (with CCTV) with a long avenue and ample parking, Rock Lodge House reveals itself behind numerous specimen trees, a manicured lawn and established borders.
The House is situated on the grounds of the former Plasnewyd and Estate, which up until January 1887 was owned by the Talbots of Malahide Castle. The house as it stands today was significantly extended in the 1960's with an imposing A-frame frontage.
The accommodation extends to approx. 375 sq. m / 4,046 sq. ft. over the ground and first floors while there is also a useful attic room, which (STP) could be converted to a fifth bedroom.
The ground floor comprises a smart entrance hall with porcelain tiles and a seating area overlooking the front garden, leading to a guest WC and cloakroom. A passage provides access to a snooker room and cinema room which in turn leads in to a beautiful drawing room with its double height pitched ceiling, wooden floors and marble fireplace with solid fuel burning stove.
There is a bright and spacious eat-in kitchen with painted wooden units and granite work surfaces, a central island unit as well as Siemens and De Dietrich appliances. There is a large dining table in the orangery part of the kitchen which opens directly on to a sunny back patio with a pond and gazebo. Leading off the kitchen is the dining room opening around in to a home office with French doors on to the garden; and also a useful utility room.
The bedroom accommodation on the first floor includes a master bedroom with fabulous views of and a terrace looking out towards the sea and Howth. This room also has an en-suite bathroom and a dressing room. Next to the master bedroom is a guest bedroom suite ...