A fine Victorian house with c 8 acres, in a wonderful parkland setting
Entrance Hall, Staircase Hall, Drawing Room, Dining Room, Study, Library, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility, Boot Room. Conservatory.
Five Bedrooms. Two Bathrooms.
About 330 sq metres (3,500 sq ft)
Lawns bounded by Ha-Ha with Balustrade over looking Parkland. Walled Garden. Double Yard with Stables and Stores. Garage. Paddocks. Mature Trees.
In all about 8.87 Acres
FOR SALE FREEHOLD BY PRIVATE TREATY
Rathclare is a most attractive Victorian 5 bay house enjoying southerly aspects over a delightful parkland setting. Once part of the vast Egmont estates and incorporating an earlier house believed to date from the mid 18th century, the house was purchased by Canon David Burdon in 1886 and has remained in the family to the present.
The house is steeply hipped with large chimneystacks. The bay windows were removed in 1965 whilst the single storey library was dismantled and rebuilt in 1986 to the original design. A double yard directly adjoins the house to the north. The large windows and high ceilings afford an airy interior full of light, with the main rooms facing south and enjoying the parkland setting. The easily managed and well-proportioned accommodation extends to over 330 sq metres, (3,500 sq ft) arranged on two floors, and includes three reception rooms and five bedrooms.
The property is located a short distance north of the town of Buttevant, a medieval market town, situated to the north of County Cork. The origins of the present town are Norman, and closely connected with the principal stronghold of the de Burgh (Barry) clan from the 13th century. The area ...