DescriptionCommanding scenic views across the Wicklow countryside, this outstanding family home features a winning combination of exceptionally generous living space, extensive grounds and a peaceful setting that belies its convenient location just a short drive away from a choice of three nearby village centres.
Well finished and in pristine condition throughout, every room in the property is newly repainted with as new carpets, while all bathrooms are presented to an exceptionally high standard.
In brief, ground floor accommodation comprises a large entrance hall, three reception rooms comprising a grand living room ideal for entertaining, a light filled sunroom with roof height ceiling and a lounge, ideal for relaxation. There’s also capacious open plan kitchen and dining room with two adjoining utility rooms and wc, three bedrooms, a study and a guest bathroom.
Upstairs, there’s a large landing, a family bathroom and four more bedrooms, including two spacious bedroom suites, each with an ensuite bathroom and separate walk-in wardrobe/dressing room. Completing the accommodation is an extensive attic accessed via a dropdown stair ladder from the landing. This is fully floored, carpeted, decorated, equipped with power points and roof light windows, providing additional living space ideal for many purposes.
Outside, the house is set in a half acre of grounds bounded by a mature hedge, that includes two sun patios, lawns, an extensive driveway accessing both the front and rear of the property, and a standalone garage. Also forming part of the holding is an adjoining half-acre field, separated from the grounds by the boundary hedge.
Call us today to arrange a viewing of this stunning country property today.
This property truly enjoys the best of both words thanks to its scenic yet central location within ten minutes’ reach of Roundwood, Kilmacanogue and Newtownmountkennedy – the latter County Wicklow’s fastest growing centre. Between them, these offer an excellent choice of shops, stores, boutiques, cafés, amenities and services. The area is also well served by local crèches, Montessori and pre-schools and primary schools.
The property is ideally placed to enjoy many sports and outdoor pursuits, including athletics, soccer, GAA, golf, fishing, horse riding, cycling, field sports and walking along the area’s many scenic paths and trails.
A regular bus route links Roundwood to Bray via Kilmacanogue, while the 145 and 133 routes provide regular bus services from Kilmacanogue village to Dublin through Bray. The N11 is within easy driving range, putting the property within convenient commuting distance of Dublin, as well as the many schools, shops, services, sporting and other amenities Bray and Greystones have to offer. Aircoach and rail services in Bray and Greystones provide additional national public transport links.
• Entrance hallway: (25.6 x 7.6 ft)
• Grand living room: (23.3 x 21.9 ft) with feature fireplace overlooking front of house
• Lounge: (16 x 9.6 ft)
• Sunroom: (18 x 16.6 ft) with roof height ceiling, raised feature fireplace, two sets of double glass sliding doors (facing each other on opposite walls) and three roof light windows, all combining to create an uplifting, light filled space
• Kitchen/diner: (23 x 16.3 ft), exceptionally large open plan space at the heart of the home, with modern, fitted kitchen and doors leading to adjoining courtyard
• Utility room 1: (5 x 5.3 ft) off kitchen
• Toilet: (5 x 5.6 ft) off utility room 1, with wc and whb
• Utility room 2: (8 x 6.9 ft) also off kitchen, plumbed for washing machine
• Storage/boiler room: (8 x 5 ft) off Utility room 2, with shelving
• Corridor: (13’ x 3’ 6 ft) leading to ground floor bedrooms
• Guest bathroom: (8 x 5.6 ft) with wc, whb and bath/shower with glass screen, heated towel rail, fitted mirror and floor-to-ceiling tiling
• Bedroom 5: (8.4 x 11.9 ft) with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe
• Bedroom 6: (12 x 11.9 ft) with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe
• Bedroom 7: (12 x 8.6) with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe
• Study/home office: (9 x 8 ft)
• Stairs: leading to upper floor
• Landing: (22 x 7 ft) leading to all bedrooms, with pull-down ladder access to attic
• Bedroom suite 1: (25 x 21 ft) with ensuite bathroom and dressing room/walk-in wardrobe
• Ensuite bathroom 1: (8.6 ft x 7.6 ft) with corner bath, separate walk-in shower, wc and whb
• Dressing room/walk-in wardrobe 1: (11.6 x 6 ft), with floor-to-ceiling shelving and storage
• Bedroom suite 2: (21.3 x 14 ft), with ensuite bathroom and dressing room/walk-in wardrobe
• Ensuite bathroom 2: (8 x 7.9 ft) with walk-in shower, wc and whb
• Dressing room/walk-in wardrobe 2: (9 x 7.9 ft with floor-to-ceiling shelving and storage
• Bedroom 3: (10’ 9” x 10.3 ft) with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe
• Bedroom 4: (15.3 x 10’ 3 ft) with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobe
• Family bathroom: (8.3 x 5’ 9 ft) with wc, whb and bath/shower
• Attic: (52 x 9 ft) extensive additional living space, floored, carpeted, equipped with power points and spot light, and further illuminated by natural light from roof light windows, ideal for use as playroom, den, hobby room or other use
FLOOR AREA SUMMARY
• Ground floor: 2,197 sq ft / 204.2 sq m
• First floor: 1,547 sq ft / 143.7 sq m
• Attic: 468 sq ft / 43.5 sq m
• Total floor area: 4,212 sq ft / 391.4 sq m
Features• Outstanding family home, in pristine condition throughout
• All rooms newly repainted
• Fitted modern kitchen with brand new worktops and ample storage space, ready to accommodate full range of appliances
• Flame-effect feature fireplaces in living room and sunroom, supplied by bottled gas connection
• All bathrooms presented to as-new standard, with quality floor and wall tiling, fittings and sanitary ware
• Three pumped showers
• Quality terracotta tiling in kitchen/diner
• Quality hardwood floor in sunroom
• Newly cleaned carpets in as-new condition in all other rooms
• Curtains or drapes in most rooms
• Décor in soft, neutral tones to emphasise natural light
• All built-in wardrobes and storage refurbished to as condition
• uPVC double-glazed windows and exterior doors
• Roof height ceiling in sunroom creates wonderful feeling of light and space
• Double and single doors with feature coloured glass panels on ground floor
• Coving in living room, lounge, kitchen/diner and entrance hall
• Dado rails in living room and sunroom
• Corniced light fittings in living room and lounge
• Oil-fired central heating
• Heating in three zones
• TV connection
• Property set in one-acre site
• Half-acre of grounds immediately around house with gardens and extensive driveway
• Holding includes additional half-acre field adjacent to the rear of the property (access gate under construction)
• Idyllic country setting with superb, all-round views of surrounding mountains and countryside
• Separate, freestanding garage outbuilding, with roll down steel shutter, wired for electricity – suitable for storage, parking, as workshop or other purposes
• Gardens set out in lawns and bounded by mature hedges screening property from public view
• Two separate sun patios
• Secure entrance with electric-powered gates leading into well-maintained, tarmac driveway
• Ample parking space
• Gardens attract sun throughout the day
• Septic tank
BER DetailsBER: C1 BER No.111234316 Energy Performance Indicator:159.2 kWh/m²/yr