DescriptionFor Sale by Public Auction on 7th October in the Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth Co. Kildare at 3 pm.
Please pre-register your attendance at the auction by contacting 01 6286128 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This magnificent period residence is a beautifully appointed 'Queen Anne' house (1711-1713) in absolute walk in condition with the benefit of a private riverside setting and fishing rights on the river Liffey together with approximately 5 acres.
Marshfield house is sheltered by mature trees with lawns leading to the river, has been meticulously cared for in recent years by the current owner.
Accessed just off the Main Street of Leixlip, Marshfield, set between a public park and river, is only 16km from Dublin city centre, about 19km from Dublin Airport and just minutes from the M50 Dublin ring road and M4 Dublin/ Galway Roadway.
Marshfield is an ideal family home with well-proportioned accommodations, The ground floor has a reception hall with original hand crafted stair case railings, cloak room, drawing room with fine carved marble mantel piece, dining room with fireplace and sun room, Spacious kitchen/breakfast room with oiI fired Aga and 2 solid teakwood conservatories East and West facing. Upstairs there are six bedrooms.
Entrance Hall, Drawing Room, Study, Kitchen, Two Conservatories, Dining Room,
Landing, Master Bedroom. Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Bedroom 6, Bathroom.
The landscaped lawns at Marshfield feature a superb collection of mature plants and shrubs as well as mature trees. The lawns roll down to the river Liffey interspersed with flower beds and colourful shrubs and with 2 particularly striking 200 plus year old blue cedars.
The property has almost a 120 m frontage to and fishing rights over the river Liffey a well known salmon and trout river.
Between the years of 1711-1713 Marshfield house was constructed on behalf on Benjamin Rayner, a local Inn keeper from Leixlip. Rayner is recorded as having obtained a 90-year lease from Joseph Marriot. As part of the lease Rayner contracted to construct a 'house' of lime and stone and other improvements', the lease also stated that its lessee is 'obligated to produce 2 dozen trouts yearly and every year at Christmas'.
The name Marshfield House refers to Archbishop Narcissus Marsh, founder of Marsh's Library in Dublin. It is recorded that Archbishop Marsh's niece, Grace, daughter of his brother Epaphroditus, was an early occupant of the house. Furthermore, it is believed that the archbishop himself resided at Marshfield for a time. Other occupants associated with Marshfield include Lieutenant Thomas Atkinson, and generations of the Cavendish family. In 1848 the property was acquired by the Trench family. In 1878 General William Irwin. Subsequent owners included Ferguson and Forsyth families and the current vendor acquired Marshfield in 1988.
c. 5 acres of good quality lands in pasture & stud fenced
Frontage to the Black avenue and leading to St. Catherine's Park
Fishing rights to River Liffey over 120m
Secured with electric gates and stone peers
Private setting within walking distance to main street and St Catherine's Park electronically controlled gates with CCTV.
House Rewired and re- plumbed
Spacious attic Storage for future build out
Oil Fired Central Heating
Laundry/utility room 5.5m x 2.6m with tiled floor
Noel McCarton of McCarton & Burke sols,
Dublin Tel: (01) 872 5944
From Dublin M4 take exit no. 5 follow road to Leixlip, and take immediate turn at the bentd onto Mill Lane past the fire station. The property is at the very end of this lane.
Dublin City & Airport 25 min, M50 10min
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.