DescriptionA rare opportunity for the discerning purchaser to acquire a double fronted 1930?s bungalow superbly positioned on a magnificent southerly site of approximately 0.2 acre on this leafy avenue situated between Temple Hill and Seapoint Avenue, a location that will without doubt be of major interest to those looking to gain a foothold in one of South Dublin?s most highly desirable coastal locations.
This charming, instantly appealing property offers a tremendous refurbishment opportunity for the discerning purchaser to modernise and upgrade to their own taste and indeed to extend if so desired subject to the necessary planning permissions to create the home of one?s dreams. The delightful, well-proportioned accommodation enjoys excellent light and offers versatile accommodation briefly comprising of an entrance hallway off which there is a lovely dual aspect living room / dining room with a picture bay window overlooking the front, a kitchen/breakfast room overlooking the rear which opens through to the sunroom along with two bedrooms and a bathroom at ground floor. Upstairs there are two further bedrooms and a bathroom. There is excellent off street car parking to the front along with dual side access to the rear where there is a large, elevated south facing garden the like of which would be difficult to better in this location.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being positioned within a stones? throw of both Blackrock Village and Monkstown villages with their wide array of restaurants, boutique style shops and shopping centres at both Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire. Transport options are plentiful with the DART station at Seapoint and Blackrock as well as access to several bus routes including the Aircoach on the Rock Road. Peaceful walks along the coast are also within striking distance as are a wide variety of some of South Dublin?s best restaurants at Monkstown Crescent. The choice of well regarded primary and secondary schools within the vicinity is second to none including Carysfort National School, Willow Park, Blackrock College, Sion Hill, Hollypark, Newpark Comprehensive School, Scoil Lorcáin and CBC Monkstown. The Michael Smurfit Business School is also within a short stroll and access to UCD Belfield and Trinity College are all very convenient. Recreational amenities within the area abound including the superb marine facilities available at Dun Laoghaire including three yacht clubs and the extensive marina, Blackrock Lawn & Bowling Tennis Club along with Monkstown Tennis Club and a wide variety of gyms and sports centres.
All in all, this is a superb, detached property which effortlessly combines the charm of its era with a magnificent southerly garden the like of which would be difficult to better in such a central location in one of South County Dublin?s most desirable suburbs.
- Entrance Hall (3.50m x 2.35m )with laminate timber floor, turned staircase with window overlooking the front and door to understairs storage with digital alarm panel
- Living/Dining Room (7.35m x 3.50m )with picture bay window overlooking the front, feature fireplace with tiled surround and raised tiled hearth and window to rear
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.00m x 3.05m )with a range of well fitted floor and eye level units, De Dietrich stainless steel oven and four ring gas hob, stainless steel sink unit, fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher, gas bolir and window overlooking the rear garden
- Sunroom (4.20m x 2.55m )
- Bedroom 1 (3.60m x 3.50m )with window overlooking the rear, sliderobe wardrobe and laminate timber floor
- Bedroom 2/Family Room (3.65m x 3.55m )with feature bay window overlooking the front, window to side and brick fireplace with gas fire inset
- Family Bathroom with tiled floor, part tiled walls, wash hand basin, w.c., bidet, bath with shower over and door to storage area/airing cupboard
- Landing with roof light and under eaves storage
- Bedroom 3 (4.15m x 2.75m )with window to rear and fitted wardrobes
- Shower Room with shower, w.c. and pedestal wash hand basin
- Bedroom 4 (4.75m x 4.20m )with laminated timber floor, under eaves storage, a good range of mirrored wardrobes and window to rear
FeaturesDetached double fronted bungalow of approximately 150 sq.m (1622 sq.ft) standing on magnificent southerly site of approximately 0.2 acre
Excellent off street car parking
Tremendous potential to extend subject to planning permission
Gas fired central heating
Minutes? walk from the amenities in Blackrock and Monkstown
Excellent transport service with the bus on the Rock Road as well as the Seapoint DART Station on Seapoint Avenue
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale