DescriptionThe sale of Dorn Hall represents an opportunity to acquire one of the finest coastal properties in North County Dublin. Dating back to Georgian times, this utterly captivating period residence stands on over half an acre of spectacular grounds with majestic uninterrupted coastal views overlooking South Strand Beach, The Skerries Islands and beyond. There are also views of the harbour to the rear. With access from the Harbour Road, the property�s gardens are afforded total privacy and are not directly overlooked. The beautiful cut stone walled garden to the front leading to the handsome and most appealing flight of steps into the impressive accommodation on offer. On entering the property, one is greeted by a substantial entrance hallway fused with an abundance of natural light filtering from the south facing gardens. At this level there are 3 reception rooms, 3 bedrooms, en suite bathroom, guest toilet, breakfast room, kitchen and dining area. There are plenty of period features throughout. At garden level there is potential for 3 self contained apartments which all have their own individual access. One unit is in excellent condition; one requires a little modernisation and one needs complete refurbishment. The gardens are of the utmost importance in this truly special property. Covering an area of approximately 0.5acres the main garden is to the front of the property facing south and afforded total privacy. Bordered by a beautiful cut stone wall and abundantly stocked with a rich variety of mature trees, shrubs, plants hedgerow and vegetables. The garden also boasts patio areas, a shell house which is a magical folly, raised garden area with stunning views and a large patio area. There is direct pedestrian access to South Beach and a boathouse or garage. There is a courtyard area to the rear of the main residence, with vehicular access on to the Harbour road and this provides ample off street parking. There is a large garage and storeroom.
Connectivity is the byword for the unbeatable location enjoyed by Dorn Hall. Situated only 35 minutes� drive from Dublin�s City Centre via the M1 motorway and less than 20 minutes� drive from Dublin International Airport, the property also benefits from excellent bus and rail services. Picturesque and historical seaside town of Skerries has numerous shops, boutiques, pubs and restaurants, sailing club, rugby, GAA and Golf Clubs all on its doorstep. The agents unreservedly recommend inspection of this remarkable residence to fully appreciate what is on offer.
- Entrance Hall (2.17m x 1.70m )Tiled floor. Double folding doors to the front. Internal door with feature fan light and ornate plaster work.
- Main Hallway (5.66m x 2.65m )Extensive decorative coving with cornice. High ceilings with centre rose. Roman colums on either side of the entrance to the inner hallway.
- Inner hallway (3.85m x 3.40m )Coving. Centre rose. Last Supper plaster frieze.
- Seating area (1.93m x 1.50m )Window seat with sea view to the front. Sky light.
- Guest toilet & Shower room (3.08m x 1.51m )Shower cubicle. W.C. Wash hand basin. Tiled floor and part tiled walls.
- Front Sitting room (4.95m x 4.45m )Feature marble fireplace with open fire. Wood floor. Coving. Centre rose. Large windows overlooking the gardens and seaviews with wood shutters. There is a second door to the inner hallway.
- Drawing Room (5.16m x 4.95m )Feature marble fireplace. Coving. Cenre rose. Built in bookcase. Feature window with views out to the gardens and sea views. Steps lead to:
- Study (3.47m x 2.52m )This oval shaped room has a wonderful wood floor. There are stained glass windows and sea views to south beach on one side and the harbour to the front to the other. There is a feature semi circle red glass window and the parquetry floor is inlaid with the points of the compass to continue the nautical theme. Wood ceiling. There are folding doors to give privacy from the drawing room.
- Bedroom 1 (4.75m x 3.65m )Coving. High ceiling. Window with wood shutters and sea view. Built in wardrobes. Built in wood press.
- Ensuite Bathroom (2.46m x 1.75m )Shower cubicle. W.C. Wash hand basin. Fully tiled walls and floor. Double glazed window and feature port style window. Dual access to bedroom and hallway.
- Bedroom 2 (4.62m x 2.52m )Built in wardrobes. Attic access. High ceilings. Dual access.
- Bedroom 3 (4.93m x 3.12m )This bedroom has lovely views overlooking the gardens. Built in wardrobes. Coving. two centre roses.
- Inner hallway (5.05m x 1.22m )Leading to breakfast room and kitchen.
- Breakfast room (4.97m x 4.45m )Feature fireplace with cast iron inset and wood mantle. Built in presses. Dual aspect windows overlooking the front and rear. Coving. Centre rose.
- Kitchen (4.87m x 2.42m )Extensive range of fitted presses and counter tops. Sink unit and drainer. Tiled splash back. Built in oven and grill. Sky light. Plumbed for dishwasher and washing machine. Door to gardens and patio area.
- Dining area (4.15m x 1.95m )Seating area. Door tosteps leading to the outside courtyard. Sea views of the harbour area.
- Outside courtyard area There is a large courtyeard with double gates providing access to the harbour road. There is a large block built store which is approx. 1.22m x 3.12m. There is also a garage with double doors to the front and window. The garage is approx. 4.37m x 5.17m + 3m x 3m. There is ample parking for a number of cars in the courtyard area.
- Potential Garden level unit 1 Access from the courtyard. This unit does require some modernisation
- Hallway (2.35m x 1.90m )Tiled floor
- Kitchen (1.88m x 1.85m )Sink unit. Tiled floor
- Inner hall (2.30m x 1.55m )Tiled floor. Fusebox.
- Shower Room (1.76m x 1.58m )Shower. W.C. wash hand basin
- Bedroom (4.10m x 2.72m )Window overlooking gardens
- Sitting Room (3.75m x 3.50m )Open fireplace. Tile surround.
- Potential Garden level unit 2 Access from the courtyard.
- Hallway (3.81m x 0.90m )Tiled floor.
- Utility area (1.66m x 1.00m )
- Kitchen/ Dining room (4.43m x 2.48m )Fitted kitchen units with built in oven and hob. Sink unit. Tiled flooring. feature port windows into hallway.
- Toilet (1.53m x 0.87m )W.C. Wash hand basin. Tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1 (3.75m x 3.06m )Recessed lighting. Fusebox
- Wet room (1.98m x 1.10m )Shower. W.C Wash hand basin.
- Sitting Room (4.92m x 3.76m )Feature open fireplace. Cast iron with mahogany surround. Window with views out over the gardens. Laminate floor. Recessed lighting. Large storage press.
- Bedroom 2 (4.99m x 3.10m )Built in wardrobes. Recessed lighting. Window with views overlooking the gardens.
- Ensuite (1.60m x 1.45m )Wet room with shower, W.C and wash hand basin. Tiled floor.
- Potential Garden Level unit 3 This unit requires complete modernisation. It is in its original condition.
- Lobby area (1.74m x 1.27m )Stained glass window. Tiled floor.
- Inner Hallway (3.42m x 2.00m )Sink unit. Tiled floor.
- Window seating area (1.76m x 1.64m )Views towards
FeaturesApprox. 4,000 sq. ft
Potential for 3 self contained units at garden level
Period features throughout
Private access to the South Beach
Large private couryard with ample off street parking
Stunning mature gardens with sea views.
2 garages and large store room