Excellent opportunity to purchase an architecturally designed residence offering 2,620 sq ft of living accommodation built on the Cong River.
Originally built by the Guinness Family in the 1900's and totally refurbished & extended in 2002,this dwelling house is built on a mature site overlooking the Cong River while offering complete privacy by it's 7ft high stone walls along the R345 Cong to Clonbur Road.
Very seldom does the opportunity arise to own such a unique property on a mature setting.
2 minutes walk to Cong village while on the gateway routes to the Connemara Mountains.
Accommodation consists of:
Entrance foyer with cathedral ceilings, open stairway and landing to the 1st floor.
Living room with the exposed original stone work, solid fuel stove, beamed ceiling & solid oak flooring.
The kitchen/dining room with oak cabinets & maple counter tops has a sliding door which opens onto a paved patio overlooking the Cong River.
Formal dining room/ master bedroom with large glass units, provides magnificent views of the Cong River.
Ground floor bathroom with electric shower.
Utility room with services in place for washing machine/dyer & freezer.
1st floor has 4 bedrooms, all with large en-suites and dressing areas.
- Fully refurbished and extended in the year 2002.
- Exposing the original stone works the full interior was cladded with local stone.
- Combination of PVC & wood windows & doors with insulated thermal glass.
- Open plan living, ready to create a fantastic family atmosphere.
- Built along the river edge providing full exposure & magnificent views of the River & the Cong salmon hatchery.
- Located on the edge of the famous Ashford Castle estate.