DescriptionIdeal opportunity to have the house of your dreams. A lot of the hard work has been done. This project needs finishing. This lovely site facing out to the Atlantic and being just a short distance to the village. Works that have have done are:
Extensive digger work.
Improve the drainage and build up ventilated floor.
• Lowered the floor level in the cottage to down to bedrock level (ca 1 to 2 foot deep).
• Filled in with gravel.
• Fitted underfloor pipes for ventilation along the outer walls to keep the walls dry.
• Lowered ground level around the cottage
• Dug drains and man-holes
• Fitted heavy drain pipe and filled with gravel.
• Made soakage 20 meter away from the house
• Made area around the cottage ready for landscaping
• Sunk well (50 meters deep)
• Fitted percolation system for sewer tank.
• Moved ESB pole out of view and installed underground cable for mains from the pole to the house. (no connecting wires visible)
• Installed ESB box and meter.
• Stripped all the old wiring
Structural work roof
• Took off roof and installed a ‘state of the art’ roof with external insulation (warm roof) with 100 mm insulation and room for an extra 50mm on the inside.
• Added three fully insulated dormers (100 mm all around).
• Installed three dormer windows with stainless steel mechanics and 4 separate double-glazed sections (not fakes with plastic inserts).
• Replaced the Atlantic facing gable with roof supporting steel frames (80mm box sections extra heavy to withstand the western gales)
• Added aluminium profiles to steel frames to hold tailor-made double-glazed windows (extra wide gap for noise control. German system used for professional shop fronts)
• Roofed with natural slates.
Structural work cottage
• Took down all plaster
• Lifted door and window lintels to modern height
• Opened the old fireplace
• Took down part of the southern wall and gable for extension