REA Coonan are delighted to present this fine country residence with exceptional features creating a home of distinction with the added benefit of circa 1 acre of excellent quality land. The original property was built by Dooleryâ€™s a family with strong historical connections to the 1798 Rebellion. The last member of the Doolery family Mary Ann died in the 1940â€™s.
There is a traditional farmhouse in the Bunratty Heritage Park identical to the original old part of the house.
The house was bought by the current owners father in the winter of 1954. The property has been transformed and extended over the years to create a luxurious home in a tranquil country setting yet still very convenient to excellent amenities.
Blackwood Farm is in the diocese of Kildare and Leighlin and the parish has the second oldest church in the diocese, St. Benignus. There was a penal path travelled by priests so that they could go undetected by the red coats on their way to say mass, at the mass rock in Lowtown, Allenwood. The house and landswere locally renowned as a dairy farm which originally had its own bottling plant and liquid milk round up to late 1960â€™s when Hughes brothers wanted access to the area and bought the business from the present owners father but it continued as a dairy farm up until 2001.
The property is ideally located close to an excellent selection of schools, shopping and essential amenities in nearby Naas and Clane Towns. The area has good public transport with regular bus routes providing access to nearby towns including Dublin on a daily basis.
3.15m x 2.41m
Feature 3m high ceiling.
5.25m x 5.25m
Surround sound speakers and con ...
Property House, Main Street , Maynooth , Co. Kildare
Tel: +353 (0)1 6286128
PSRA Licence No. 002630