DescriptionEnjoying a convenient location in a mature residential development within easy reach of Stillorgan, Dundrum and nearby Goatstown Village, this 1950s period property offers excellent potential to create an outstanding contemporary family home in one of South Dublin’s most sought-after suburbs.
While the house would benefit from modernisation, any investment made in refurbishment will reap rich rewards, thanks to its underlying fundamental strengths. These include spacious, well-proportioned rooms, a sunny rear aspect, large gardens and a great location close to shops, schools and a wealth of leisure amenities.
Accommodation comprises an entrance hall with separate porch, a kitchen and two receptions on the ground floor, while upstairs are three bedrooms, including two good-sized doubles, a family bathroom and landing.
Number 9 Eden Park Avenue offers scope to add substantial extra living space by converting the garage and attic, and extending into the large back garden, as has been done in a number of neighbouring homes. This offers the potential to create an exceptionally large family home with a spacious open-plan kitchen-dining room at its heart.
The property is located on a quiet and mature residential road, within walking distance of local shops and close to the many services, schools, recreational amenities and retail outlets this popular neighbourhood has to offer. Adjoining areas include Dundrum, Mount Merrion, Stillorgan, Sandyford and Clonskeagh.
There’s a wide range of local cafés, pubs and restaurants to choose from, while the area is also served by numerous shops, stores and retail centres, including landmark shopping centres in nearby Dundrum and Stillorgan.
Nearby amenities include a range of sporting clubs, parks and and outdoor attractions, including the popular 38-acre Airfield Estate with its garden, farm and food market.
An excellent choice of nearby primary and secondary schools includes Mount Anville, Taney National School, Wesley College, Our Lady's Grove and Blackrock College, while the Belfield Campus at UCD is 4km away. The area is well served by public transport, including several Dublin Bus routes to Dublin city centre and a Luas stop at Kilmacud five minutes walk away. Accessed via nearby Sandyford, the M50 affords easy motoring access to the Greater Dublin area and all points beyond.
Call us today to arrange a viewing.
• Porch (2.28 x 0.7m) with exterior sliding glass door
• Entrance hall (4.85 x 2.28m) with frosted glass panel front door and floor-to-ceiling window
• Understairs storage space with sufficient space for conversion to guest bathroom
• Living room (4.21 x 3.66m) overlooking front garden, with carpet, pole-mounted curtains, ceiling coving and open fireplace
• Lounge (3.75 x 3.76m) overlooking back garden, with carpet, pole-mounted curtains, wood-panelled alcoves, built-in book shelves and storage, coving and open fireplace
• Kitchen (2.68 x 2.51m) overlooking back garden, with stainless steel, double-drainer sink and built-in presses
• Landing (3.41 x 2.51m) with carpet and hot press off
• Bedroom 1 (3.78 x 3.71m) overlooking back garden, with carpet and curtains
• Bedroom 2 (4.25 x 3.66) overlooking front garden, with carpet, curtains and open fireplace
• Bedroom 3 (2.98 x 2.42) overlooking front garden, with carpet and curtains
• Family bathroom (2.41 x 1.81) with wc, whb and bath/shower, and access to attic
Features• Outstanding potential to modernise, convert and extend
• Attic, garage and understairs storage all suitable for conversion
• Ample room to extend into back garden
• Similar conversion/extension works previously completed in neighbouring houses
• Solid fuel central heating (back boiler)
• 1950s period tiled fireplaces
• Carpets in both receptions, all bedrooms and hall, stairs and landing
• Presented in good condition throughout
• uPVC double glazing
• Front garden (8.5 x 8.2m), set out in lawn, with mature holly tree, block-built boundary wall and mature hedging
• Front driveway with ample space for secure, off-street parking
• Sunny, south-facing rear garden (20 x 8.5m), set out in lawn, with mature shrubs, boundary wall and fence
• Garage (6.2 x 2.5m) suitable for conversion
• Block-built coal shed (2.32 x 1.47) suitable for storage or other use
BER DetailsBER: G BER No.113128862 Energy Performance Indicator:466.17 kWh/m²/yr