DescriptionExtensively refurbished, modernised, re-designed and extended in 2017 to an extremely high standard of finish, this magnificent family home offers wonderfully bright and tastefully decorated accommodation. A large, gravelled drive offering substantial off street-car parking is approached through secure electric gates with the property being well set back from the road further enhanced with a very pleasant vista to the front over the River Dodder and Orwell Park.
This deceptively spacious residence offers the ultimate in luxurious modern living not to mention its high efficiency and comfort due to being enhanced with an AERECO Demand Controlled ventilation system, underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and all shower rooms, Nibe Air source heat pump, pressurised plumbing system and Conergy Power Plus solar panels.
The living space on offer boasts a welcoming entrance hall incorporating a large shower room complete with Villeroy and Boch sanitary ware, a very spacious utility room with access to the side passage and ample understairs storage cupboards. This then leads to the two elegant inter-connecting reception rooms with ornate plasterwork, a contemporary light infused kitchen/breakfast/family room two pantries and triple glazed Reynaers floor to ceiling height (3 metres) doors and windows opening to and overlooking the rear garden, with a home office/bedroom six completing the ground floor. At the first-floor level there are five bedrooms, master with a walk-in wardrobe, two high quality shower rooms one of which is fully fitted with Villeroy and Boch sanitary ware and a large, shelved walk- in linen cupboard providing excellent storage. Full planning permission was granted in 2017 to convert the attic in order to increase the overall floor area, reference SD16B/0334, and remains in place until 2022. One of the many outstanding features of this delightful home is the south facing rear garden of approximately 24m (79ft) laid out mainly in lawn complete with a large garden shed and side passage connecting to the front.
Enjoying a tranquil position yet highly convenient location being just 5km from the city centre, this delightful home enjoys an abundance of amenities and facilities literally on its doorstep. This is a well-established and largely residential area deservedly popular with growing families and offers an excellent range of both primary and secondary schools to include St Marys Boys National School, Loreto Primary School, Rathfarnham Educate Together, Rathfarnham Parish National School, Loreto Beaufort, Santa Maria College, Our Lady?s School, The High School, St Marys College, Terenure College, Alexandra College and Templeogue College to mention a few. The area is equally serviced with a range of excellent local bus routes to include the 14, 15B, 15D, 16, 16D, 17 and 17D.
An abundance of local sporting facilities includes golf at The Grange Golf Club, Castle Golf Club and Milltown Golf Club, Dartry Health Club, local running club at Rathfarnham Athletics Club, GAA clubs to include Ballinteer St Johns, soccer at Terenure Rangers FC and for the rugby fan St Marys Rugby Club and Terenure College Rugby Club. This superb suburb offers access to several parks at Rathfarnham Castle Park and Marley Park both of which offer children?s playgrounds and parklands, with the Dodder Linear Line being extremely popular for both walkers and joggers alike. The proposed Dodder Greenway with access being across the road will undoubtedly enhance the area greatly by providing a safe environment for cyclists, walking enthusiasts and joggers who wish to avoid traffic congestion to and from the city and within the immediate area. This 24km riverside route will connect Grand Canal Docks to the Bohernabreena reservoirs at Glenasmole in The Dublin Mountains.
- Entrance Hall: with alarm panel, bottle neck coving, engineered light brown oiled oak floor, ornate plaster work and ample under stairs storage.7.46m x 1.89m
- Living Room: with engineered light brown oiled oak floor, open fireplace with original timber mantel and surround, cast iron inset and slate hearth, centre rose, beautiful bay window, bottleneck coving, ornate ceiling plaster work, picture rail and original double sliding doors to the4.15m x 4.05m
- Dining Room: with engineered light brown oiled oak floor, open fireplace with original timber mantel and surround, cast iron inset and slate hearth, picture rail, centre rose, bottle neck coving, ornate plaster work and a large opening with steps down into the4.05m x 3.64m
- Kitchen/Breakfast/Family Room: fully fitted modern Noel Dempsey design Bespoke handcrafted solid timber kitchen units, large centre island with Dekton counter top, sink unit and integrated Bosch dishwasher, Dekton work surfaces and splashback, integrated Liebherr fridge with drawered freezer, recessed lighting, Lacanche Macon Classic 1000mm range with two electric ovens and one gas oven, two shelved pantries, engineered light brown oiled oak floor, Velux window, triple glazed floor to ceiling height 6.95m x 6.70m
- Office/Bedroom 6: with engineered light brown oiled oak floor.2.75m x 2.35m
- Utility Room: with tiled ceramic floor, door to the side passage, recessed lighting, plumbed for washing machine and with a range of fitted storage cupboards.3.50m x 1.70m
- Shower Room: with step in shower with monsoon head, Villeroy and Boch w.c., Villeroy and Boch wash hand basin with cupboards under, tiled ceramic floor, partially tiled walls and underfloor heating.3.44m x 1.52m
- First Floor:
- Master Bedroom: with a range of fitted wardrobes and walk in wardrobe area5.70m x 3.49m
- Bedroom 2: 3.57m x 3.54m
- Bedroom 3: 2.74m x 2.48m
- Shower Room: with Variotherm Variocomp underfloor heating, a double tray step in power shower with monsoon head, Villeroy and Boch wash hand basin with cupboards under, Villeroy and Bock w.c., tiled timber effect floor, partially tiled walls, recessed lighting and hatch to the attic.
- Bedroom 4: 3.27m x 2.28m
- Bedroom 5: with a range of fitted wardrobes and feature corner window overlooking the rear garden.3.71m x 3.24m
- Shower Room: with Variotherm Variocomp under floor heating, step in power shower, recessed lighting, partially tiled walls, tiled ceramic floor, w.c. and wash hand basin.2.36m x 1.20m
FeaturesSought after and highly convenient location.
Overall floor area of approximately 182sq.m. (1,960sq.ft.)
Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.
Low temperature radiators at the first floor.
Variotherm Variocomp underfloor heating in first floor shower rooms.
Two of the three luxurious shower rooms fully fitted with Villeroy and Boch sanitary ware.
Mirrors in shower rooms fitted with heat pads to prevent build-up of moisture.
Pressurised plumbing system.
Nibe Air source heat pump system.
AERECO Demand Controlled Ventilation System.
Conergy Power Plus solar panels.
Triple glazed floor to ceiling height (3metres) Reynaers sliding doors and window in the kitchen with the remaining Carlson windows and doors being double glazed.
Noel Dempsey designed Bespoke handcrafted fully fitted solid timber kitchen.
Two large-shelved pantry areas.
Fitted carpets, curtains, integrated kitchen appliances and Lacanche Macon Classic 1000mm range included.
Secure electric gates with intercom system.
CCTV and monitored alarm text message system.
Full planning permission granted in 2017, reference SD16B/0334, and valid until 2022 to convert the attic in order to increase the overall floor area.
South facing rear garden of approximately 24m (79ft).