Description655 comes to the market as a 3 bed cottage with a large modern extension to the rear, laid out as a separate home that has been completed to first fix. Essentially the house offers buyers 2 houses for the price of one! With this there are two options for buyers
- Amalgamate the two properties, - complete finishes & fit out and decorate a newly extended town property which will extend to 148.6 sq.m (1,599 sq.ft) (attic room is an additional 48 sq.m (521 sq.ft.) This home has the potential to add the 'Wow' factor
- Live in rear of the house & rent out the self-contained front of the property tax free, through the 'Rent a Room Scheme'. This scheme allows homeowners to earn up to €14,000 in a single tax year, exempt from income tax, PRSI, and USI.
Accommodation comprises: Front Cottage: Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, Study & Bathroom. Rear house: Hall, Large Kitchen / Dining / Living room, Sitting-room, 1 double bedroom, bathroom & superb attic room ready for conversion to a further 2/3 bedrooms.
The Green Road, cannot be beaten for its convenience to every town amenity. This home is situated behind the Friary Church and has ample parking, is within walking distance of all schools, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Kildare Village, the town centre and the train station. This home would suits buyers looking to trade down to a bungalow and there would be no need of a car or for a family looking for a large home within walking distance of all local sporting and leisure amenities.
Viewing comes highly recommended
Entrance Hall: 2m x 1m pine floor
Living Room: 4.5m x 3.3m brick surround and stone hearth to open fire, pine floor, display shelving, wall lights
Bedroom 1: 4.49m x 3m fitted wardrobes & dressing table, pine floors, dual aspect room with front & rear window
Bedroom 2: 2.37m x 3.7m pine floor
Study: 1.99m x 2.58m pine floor
Inner Hall: 0.9m x 2m tiled floor, alarm panel, back door
Kitchen: 3.7m x 4.4m Fully fitted kitchen with high and low cabinets, tiled over worktops1.5 bowl sssu, plumbed for dishwasher, washing machine, wall mounted & enclosed GFCH boiler, enclosed hot press with water tank, tiled floor
Shower- room: 1.7m x 2.2m fully tiled w.c, pedestal w.h.b, large enclosed shower with Triton T90 electric shower, window
Entrance Hall: 2.8m x 2.5m, stairs up to first floor, opening to
Inner Hall: 5m x 1.9m this is where original house can connect from Kitchen of front cottage, under-stairs store
Bedroom 1: 2.70m x 3.85m Double room
Bathroom: Plumbed for w.c. bath, sink, window, chrome wall mounted towel rail
Lounge: 4.4m x 4.55m laminate floor, ceiling downlighters, large opening for open fire (Gas Connection)
Kitchen: 6.6m x 3.77m, bright room with 2 large windows and double French doors opening to rear.
To the front:
Graveled and enclosed by a fence, with double gates providing ample off street parking to front and side of property.
To the rear:
This south west facing property to rear which is fully graveled and there is a private fenced section of the rear that offers complete privacy and opens onto a vista of farmland to rear. Inner gate dividing front of house from rear, outside tap.
There is a walkway around the house to back door of original cottage.
Features• Versatile accommodation extending to 148.6 sq.m (1,599 sq.ft) with attic space adding 48 sq.m (521 sq.ft.)
• 30 minutes from Dublin city centre by train
• Currently split in two but by knocking 1 wall can be made into one large home
• Ample off-street parking and good visitor parking to front of house
• Large enclosed south west facing garden to rear currently graveled with private fenced off
• GFCH, 2 x open fires & double-glazed windows throughout
• Rear house walls -pumped ecobead insulation into the 4inch cavity with a 70mm insulated slab & 100 mm insulation added to concrete floor
• BER D2 (with insulation upgrade (to front cottage), insulate water tank – install stoves) should bring house up to a B3
• No maintenance PVCu facia, soffits and gutters
• Rear House is ready for floor finishes, doors, architraves Kitchen & bathrooms.
• Existing trades would be interested in quoting to finish off house (if it mutually suited)
BER DetailsBER: D2 BER No.113247589 Energy Performance Indicator:277.51 kWh/m²/yr