DescriptionA most impressive family home constructed c. 1930 enjoying an enviable setting discretely positioned off Orwell Road along arguably one of the most sought-after mature addresses in Rathgar. Number 6 Thorncliffe Park is approached via a tarmacadam drive providing ample off-street parking with a lawned garden surrounded by well-defined boundaries. To the rear there is a magnificent lawned garden of approximately 21m (69ft) incorporating a patio area with this property further benefitting from a garage to the side which could easily be converted, subject to planning permission, in order to increase the living accommodation if so desired.
Internally this wonderful family home enjoys elegant well-proportioned accommodation retaining many original features of its era laid out over two floors. At the ground floor an entrance porch leads to the welcoming reception hall with a large understairs cloak cupboard, two very fine interconnecting reception rooms both of which enjoy a lovely private outlook both to the front and rear. Standing in the lounge to the front looking out through the bay window it is hard to imagine you are only 6.5km from St. Stephen?s Green. To the rear there is a kitchen/breakfast room which leads through to the living room which is well proportioned with a utility room connecting through to a shower room. On the first floor there are four particularly large double bedrooms and a family bathroom.
This is without doubt a highly sought after family orientated location serviced with an excellent selection of local shops, a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries in both Rathgar village and Churchtown not to mention a wide selection of primary and secondary schools that include Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, The High School, Stratford College, St Mary?s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College.
There are also a wide range of recreational activities within easy reach namely tennis available in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club, hockey at Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady?s Hockey Club and Old Alex, numerous Rugby clubs including St Mary?s and Terenure College, with golf being catered for in the adjacent Milltown Golf Club and also at The Grange and Castle Golf Clubs within close proximity. Excellent transport links include the local regular bus routes being the 14 and 14C together with the LUAS stop at Windy Arbour.
- Entrance Porch: with Amtico floor and leads to the2.53m x 0.98m
- Entrance Hall: with ceiling coving, picture rail and under stairs cloak cupboard.4.92m x 2.69m
- Lounge: with ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail, polished timber floor and original sliding double doors leading to the5.19m x 4.21m
- Dining Room: with ceiling coving, picture rail, polished timber floor, centre rose and double doors to the rear garden.4.18m x 4.15m
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: with a range of fitted cupboards and units, fully tiled walls, sink unit, work surfaces, integrated four ring Thornmoffat electric hob, plumbed for washing machine, plumbed for dishwasher, tiled ceramic floor, integrated Tricity electric double oven, shelved pantry and storage cupboards, walk-in pantry and utility room with door to side passage. Door to the5.65m x 3.38m
- Living Room: with polished timber floor and door to the7.26m x 3.27m
- Utility Room: which leads to a shower room including wc and wash hand basin2.04m x 1.52m
- FIRST FLOOR:
- Landing: with hatch to attic and a shelved hot press.
- Bedroom 1: with ceiling coving, picture rail and bay window.4.56m x 4.12m
- Bedroom 2: with ceiling coving and picture rail.4.19m x 4.09m
- Bedroom 3: with picture rail.3.39m x 2.86m
- Bedroom 4: with picture rail.4.20m x 2.99m
- Bathroom: with bath with electric shower over, w.c., wash hand basin and heated towel rail.2.70m x 1.83m
FeaturesPrestigious residential address.
Impressive Stringer home constructed in approximately 1930
Spacious generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 160sqm (1,722sqft).
Within a short walk of the LUAS station at Windy Arbour and regular bus routes.
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale.
Surrounded with excellent schools, recreational and leisure facilities.
Delightful sunny rear garden of approximately 21m (69ft.).
Garage of 3m X 4.5m (9?8? x 14?8?)
Double glazed uPVC windows
Extremely convenient location within a short stroll of Rathgar and Churchtown.