DescriptionSuperbly located on one of Blackrock?s premier avenues lies this most attractive three storey over garden distinctive period home which comes to the market in superb condition throughout having been lovingly maintained and indeed continuously upgraded by its present owners over the years. This magnificent home extends to approximately 2,992 sq ft (278 sqm) and enjoys all the architectural features that make houses of this era so unique, including exceptional ceiling height accentuated with intricate plasterwork and sliding sash windows as well as magnificent fireplaces. It is evident that this property has undergone a complete refurbishment, renovation & upgrade to bring it up to present modern day standards and that no stone has been left unturned or any expense spared as the quality of finish is quite simply stunning and rarely graces the market.
A neat, railed garden leads up to granite steps which in turn lead to the most impressive hallway. Off the entrance hallway there are a pair of magnificent interconnecting reception rooms, ideal for entertaining. At garden level there is an open plan kitchen/breakfast room with utility off and an atmospheric living room/family room to the front with access to the front garden. On the first and second floors there are five double bedrooms, the master being ensuite with a most impressive dressing area off. In addition there are three additional sumptuously appointed bathrooms.
From the kitchen there is access to the landscaped garden which enjoys a wonderful sunny south westerly aspect. There is a delightful, sheltered patio area with water feature and an abundance of mature shrubs, trees and plants making this a real oasis in which to relax and unwind. It further benefits from vehicular access onto Mount Merrion Avenue which may have mews potential subject to planning permission along with a garage subject to planning permission if so desired.
The location of Cross Avenue needs little introduction as it is well regarded as one of Blackrock?s premier avenues surrounded by some one South County Dublin?s most highly sought after schools including Blackrock College, Willow Park, St Andrew?s College and Sion Hill. Colaiste Eoin & Colaiste Iosagain are also within a short walk as is Booterstown National School and Our Lady of Mercy. It is within a short walk of the local shops on the corner and there are a whole host of amenities available at Blackrock village including two shopping centers and an array of boutique style shops, restaurants and bars. Blackrock park and the seafront are all within a pleasant stroll as are many bus services on the Rock road and on the N11 and of course Blackrock Dart station. . Viewing of this very special property is highly recommended.
- Reception Hall (9.60m x 1.97m )A flight of granite steps leads to the magnificent hall with very fine marbled tiled floor, ceiling coving, centre rose and door leading to beautiful interconnecting reception rooms.
- Dinning Room (4.60m x 4.60m )with very fine ceiling coving, sliding sash picture windows overlooking front, magnificent herringbone French oak solid timber floor and open arch leading to the living room.
- Living Room (4.60m x 4.50m )with very fine firpelace with cast iron and slate hearth, sliding sash window overlooking rear garden, ceiling coving.
- WC Comprising of WC, wash hand basin & hot press with built in storage. Down stairs to the basement.
- Garden Level
- Living Room (5.50m x 4.45m )with oak timber flooring, picture window overlooking front, excellent range of built in storage units, door leading to inner lobby with door to front and also door leading to storage under granite steps which houses the central vacuum system & built in shelving.
- Kitchen/Breakfast room (6.70m x 5.00m )well fitted Kitchen/Breakfast room. Tiled floor. Kitchen fitted with range of overhead press & drawer units. Five ring SMEG gas hob & oven to the side. Integrated Bosch dishwasher, stainless steel oven, integrated stainless steel microwave. Under counter stainless steel sink unit. Integrated fridge/freezer. Quartz worktops together with centre island and breakfast bar. Double doors to rear garden. There is also a door leading to utility room plumbed for washing machine & dryer. Off kitchen double doors leading to living room.
- First Floor Return
- Bathroom Cabinet wash hand basin, WC, bath with shower over. Tiled floor, part tiled walls. Velux roof light.
- First Floor
- Master Bedroom Suite (4.80m x 4.60m )Ceiling coving. Window overlooking rear, door leading to a very fine dressing room with built in hanging space and shelving and pull out cupboards. From there leading to state of the art ensuite.
- Ensuite Bathroom State of the art ensuite with separate glass shower unit, bath, dual sink units, wall hung WC. Very fine tiled floor & walls. Ceiling coving and window to front.
- Bedroom 2 (4.80m x 2.90m )Floor to ceiling built in fitted wardrobes and window overlooking front.
- Second Floor
- Bedroom 3 (4.80m x 3.00m )Walnut timber flooring. Window overlooking front.
- Bedroom 4 (4.80m x 3.50m )Window overlooking front. Walnut timber flooring.
- Bedroom 5 (4.50m x 3.10m )Timber flooring & window overlooking rear.
- Bathroom (2.40m x 1.40m )WC, wash hand basin, shower, tiled floor, tiled walls.
FeaturesMagnificent period property extending to approximately 2,992 sq ft (278 sqm) .
Delightful private south westerly rear garden.
Vehicular access from Mount Merrion Ave.
Excellent BER rating B3.
Gas fired central heating.
Underfloor heating at ground floor & garden level.
Residential disk permit marking to the front.
Presented in showhouse condition throughout.
Enjoying a host of period features
Located close to a whole host of amenities within walking distance of Blackrock Village