Description13 Carysfort Avenue is a most impressive double fronted Victorian period property. Built circa 1840 and superbly located in the heart of Blackrock, the property enjoys stunning period features and a private rear garden extending to approximately 20m in length.
The property is accessed via a pedestrian gate and manicured front garden. The hardwood front door has a striking ornate timber surround that leads into the magnificent front hall with stunning period features that are a common occurrence throughout the property. There are two well-proportioned reception rooms to the front of the property that enjoy wonderful ceiling height with beautiful ceiling coving, tall sliding timber sash windows with timber shutters and open fireplaces. On the garden level there is also a family room, kitchen, utility room, family bathroom and guest shower room. Upstairs, on the first return there is a large double bedroom complemented by three further rooms on the first floor. The bedrooms on the first floor enjoy outstanding ceiling height of 3.7m and there is a fifth bedroom on the first-floor return.
To the rear of the property there is a private, granite walled garden laid out in lawn with mature planting. The property has been lovingly maintained by the current owners through the years and will appeal to a wide range of people given its highly convenient location and period features.
Carysfort Avenue enjoys a location of unparalleled convenience being only a gentle stroll from all the amenities of Blackrock village, including specialist shops, restaurants, pubs, two shopping centres including the renovated Frascati Shopping Centre. The property also enjoys excellent public transport, with a host of bus routes on the Frascati Road, and the Blackrock DART station just off the main street. In the locality there are some of Dublin?s best-known primary and secondary schools, including Willow Park, Blackrock College, Carysfort N.S., and Coláiste Eoin. The UCD campus at Belfield is also close at hand.
- Entrance Hall (7.70m x 1.80m )with cornice detailing, centre rose, decorative fanlight over the front door and door to
- Reception Room 1 (5.20m x 4.10m )with ceiling coving, tiled fireplace and timber sliding sash windows with timber shutters.
- Reception Room 2 (4.90m x 4.20m )with ceiling coving, feature timber fireplace with cast iron hearth and timber shutters
- Family Room (3.90m x 3.40m )raised tiled hearth
- Utility Room (3.70m x 2.50m )with stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, window overlooking the rear garden, Baxi gas fired boiler and door to outside
- Communicating Lobby With shelved hot-press and door to
- Guest Shower Room w.c., wash hand basin, shower, tiled floor and fully tiled walls.
- Kitchen (3.90m x 3.80m )with large picture window overlooking the rear garden, a range of cabinet press units and stainless-steel sink unit
- Downstairs Family Bathroom with bath, cabinet wash hand basin and w.c.
- First Floor Return with beautiful feature sash window with timber shutters
- Bedroom 1 (3.95m x 3.65m )with cast iron fireplace
- Bedroom 2 (4.90m x 4.30m )ceiling coving, beautiful timber fireplace with cast iron inset and large sliding sash window overlooking the front with timber shutters
- Bedroom 3 (4.95m x 4.15m )with ceiling coving, sliding sash window to the front with timber shutters and timber fireplace with cast iron hearth
- Bedroom 4/Study (1.90m x 1.75m )with beautiful sliding timber sash window to the front with timber shutters and ceiling coving
- Bedroom 5 (3.85m x 3.65m )with window to the side.
FeaturesOverall measurement approx. 195 sqm (2099 sqft)
Striking ceiling height particularly upstairs measuring 3.7m
Timber sliding sash windows
Wired for security alarm
Gas fired central heating on the ground & first floor
Excellent rear garden extending to approx. 20m
On-street residents car parking
Prime location in the heart of Blackrock close to all amenities including bus and Dart routes