Parnell Square is a Georgian square sited at the northern end of O'Connell Street and west of Mountjoy Square in Dublin's north inner city in the Dublin 1 postcode region. Formerly named Rutland Square, it was later renamed after Charles Stewart Parnell (1846-1891). It is surrounded on three sides by terraces of original intact Georgian houses while much of the southern part of the square and its centre is taken up by extensions to the Rotunda Hospital. The Garden of Remembrance is located along the northern side of this area with its main entrance on the easter side of the square, with a smaller entrance on the northern side. In the south easterly corner of the square, where it meets O'Connell Street, sits the Gate Theatre, The Ambassador and Pillar Room venues. The Hugh Lane Gallerty is also on the north side of the square, as well as the Dublin Writers' Museum and Irish Writers' Centre. Other notable locations on Parnell Square include the Abbey Presbyterian Church and the acclaimed Chapter One restaurant.