O'Callaghan's Mills is a village and parish in Co Clare. It takes its name from the O'Callaghan family who were large landowners in the area and a corn and grist mill built by John Coonan on the lands of Cornelius O'Callaghan in 1772. The parish of O'Callaghan's Mills, Kilkishen and Oatfield stretches from near Bodyke to near Sixmilebridge. The village of O'Callaghan's Mills is in the east of Clare, half way between the county town of Ennis and Lough Derg. It is 26km north of Limerick City. Local amenities include St Patrick's Church, a GAA club and a pub.