Castletownshend is a village in West Cork. It is located about 8km from Skibbereen. The main street of the town, lined with large homes from the 18th century, runs down a sharply sloped hill leading to Castlehaven Harbour and the castle around which the village formed in the 17th century. The Church of St Barrahane, built in 1826, overlooks the town. Its main architect was James Pain and is noted for its stained glass windows. Other local amenities include shops, pubs and a national school.