Ballyphehane is a suburb to the south of Cork City. It is one of the oldest suburbs in Cork and was created as part of a post-World War II initiative to create a model community in Cork. Between 1948 and 1993, a total of 11 housing schemes totalling 1,316 dwellings were built by Cork Corporation, now known as Cork City Council. Many of the main roads in Ballyphehane are named after the executed leaders of the 1916 Rising including Patrick Pearse, James Connolly, Thomas MacDonagh and Thomas Kent. There are several schools in the area. Maria Assumpta Girls' National School and the Presentation Secondary School, run by the Presentation Sisters, caters for the girls of the area. Réalt na Maidine National School is the primary school for boys. A co-educational Gaelscoil, Gaelscoil an Teaghlaigh Naofa is also located near Ballyphehane Community Centre. There is also an all-boys secondary school, Deerpark Christian Brothers school run by the Edmund Rice School Trust (ERST). Amongst the local amenities are a community centre, which includes a sports hall, meeting rooms, gym and playing fields which host local soccer team Killreen Celtic. There is also a public library on Tory Top Road while Musgrave Park, home to the Dolphin and Sunday's Well teams, is in Ballyphehane. It is one of the two homes of Munster Rugby along with Thomond Park in Limerick. Ballyphehane is bordered by the Lough Parish, South Parish, Douglas/Frankfield, and Turners Cross. The Tramore river flows through the parish. The Church of the Assumption is the Catholic church in the parish. The parish also includes Cork Airport. The 203 and 219 buses serve the area, providing access to the likes of the city centre, Douglas, Bishopstown and CIT.