Ardagh is a village in Co Limerick. It is situated on the R523 road with Newcastle West, around 5km away the nearest town on the R521 road to Foynes and Shanagolden. The parish is bounded to the west by Athea, to the north by the parish of Coolcappa, to the east Rathkeale and to the south by Newcastle West. The area is best known for the Ardagh Chalice, which was found in Reerasta Rath near Ardagh in 1868 and now resides in the National Museum in Dublin. Other local amenities include a walking trail, heritage centre, golf club, recycling centre, three pubs, a butchers and a shop/post office. There is also a church and two national schools. The local GAA team is known as St. Kierans, a club which represents both the parish of Ardagh-Carrigkerry as well as Coolcappagh-Kilcolman.