DescriptionWillow House is a large modern 5 bedroom holiday home located in the popular beach and surfing resort of Rossnowlagh. This lovely self catering accommodation is situated along a quiet lane just over 1km from Rossnowlagh beach. The house features free wifi.
With comfortable accommodation for up to 11 people, this spacious holiday home is an ideal base for a group of friends, two families or an extended family wishing to spend a self-catering holiday in this lovely coastal area of south Donegal.
Ideal for Extended Families and Small Groups
The house has 5 spacious bedrooms. The master bedroom is ensuite and there is also a bathroom and a shower room. The large main room is L-shaped and features living and dining areas. A second dining area is located in the stylish modern kitchen.
An outside shed houses a washing machine, drier and freezer. There are large lawns to the front and back and a furnished patio area.
The main attraction in Rossnowlagh itself is undoubtedly the stunning Blue Flag beach on the shores of Donegal Bay. The beach is renowned as a surfing and watersports hotspot with a number of surf schools based locally.
The long stretch of sand is also perfect for evening strolls, with just the sound of the waves for company. Rossnowlagh has a number of fine bar/restaurants as well as the Sandhouse Hotel with its Surfers Bar – all within walking distance of the holiday home.
Ideal Tour Base
Willow House is an ideal base to discover South Donegal as well as the surrounding counties of Sligo, Leitrim and Fermanagh. A number of attractions in this wider area include Lough Erne in Fermanagh, the Glencar Waterfall in Leitrim and Yeats Country in Sligo.
The holiday home is also a good base to explore the Wild Atlantic Way in this part of Ireland - from the quaint harbour in Mullaghmore, Sligo to the dramatic cliffs of Slieve League near Teelin in Donegal.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Surfing - Rossnowlagh has excellent surfing and the European Championships have been held here a number of times. Bundoran is also a top class surfing venue
* Beach/rock sea fishing as well as river/lough fishing nearby; Loughs Erne and Melvin/River Drowse
* Golf - superb 18 hole links courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Bundoran
* Visit the Castle Adventure Open Farm located between Rossnowlagh and Ballyshannon. Its a great day out for the whole family
* Crafts – Britton and Daughters Gallery is located beside the Sandhouse Hotel. There are also beautiful craft shops in Ballyshannon and Donegal Town – the Donegal Craft Village is located in the latter
* Cycling - South Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
* Beaches - In addition to Rossnowlagh there are fine beaches in Bundoran and Murvagh
* Leisure Centres - Ballyshannon Leisure Centre has 25m indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and fitness suite. Waterworld in Bundoran is one of Ireland's leading Indoor Aqua Adventure Playgrounds.
* History and Heritage - Visit the Donegal Historical Society Museum located in the tranquil setting of Rossnowlaghs Franciscan Friary. Other historic sites in the locality include the ruins of Kilbarron Castle and Wardstown Castle. Donegal Castle and the ruins of Donegal Abbey are located in Donegal Town
* Day Trips - Within an hours drive of the holiday home there are numerous top class tourist attractions including Glenveagh National Park, The Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Marble Arch Caves in Fermanagh and Slieve League in South West Donegal - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.