Umlagh Cottage is a superb modern holiday home located just outside the popular family seaside resort of Carrigart in North West Donegal. The holiday home is finished to a high standard throughout. It enjoys wonderful views over the North Donegal Coastline - views that include Muckish Mountain, Horn Head and Sheephaven Bay
Accommodation in the holiday home is carefully planned, well laid out, spacious and comprises a living room, a large kitchen and dining area, 3 bedrooms (1 ensuite) , and main bathroom with bath and separate shower. The living room has a wonderful cathedral style ceiling and is overlooked by a minstrel gallery. The holiday home has wood floors throughout the ground floor.
The picturesque village of Carrigart is situated at the point where the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula projects out into the Atlantic between Sheephaven and Mulroy Bay. The magnificent sandhills between Carrigart and nearby Downings are the setting for the two superb golf links at Rosapenna. The peninsula is also blessed with numerous sandy beaches - including Tramore, Downings, Melmore and Tra na Rossan. The famous Atlantic Drive offers spectacular views of the majestic cliffs, seascapes and glorious headlands along the Rosguill Peninsula.
A new bridge spanning Mulroy Bay near Carrigart was opened in 2009. This has brought the beautiful Fanad Peninsula within easy reach of the holiday home.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Atlantic Drive that starts in nearby Downings. Other scenic drives in the locality include the Lough Salt Drive and Horn Head
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep â€“ Tramore, Downings, Melmore, Tra na Rossan
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club â€“ featuring 2 classic 18 hole links courses literally on your doorstep. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Go pony trekking at the Carrigart Riding Stables
* Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Done ...