DescriptionThe Tailor's Cottage is a three bedroom holiday cottage nestled in the hillside and located in the townland of Tullyconnel in the northern part of the beautiful Fanad peninsula.
Recently refurbished with all mod cons, while still retaining the charachter of a cosy country cottage. The holiday home is surrounded by rugged coastine which is dotted with numerous beaches, coves, small harbours and rocky headlands. With its location close to the Harry Blaney Bridge the cottage is ideally located to explore the neighbouring Rosguill Peninsula
A number of top class tourist attractions surround Tailors Cottage. These include the highly rated golf courses at Portsalon and Rosapenna, the dramatic Fanad Lighthouse, the superb Blue Flag Beach at Portsalon and two spectacular coastal drives - The Atlantic Drive on the Rosguill Peninsula and the Knockalla Coast Road on the Fanad Peninsula.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Try surfing at the Adventure One Surf School in Ballyheirnan Bay - 8km from the holiday home
* Go fishing on nearby Kindrum Lake ar at the Meadows Trout Fishery in Rosnakill (9km)
* Use the Mulroy Bridge to explore the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula
* Enjoy the superb beaches all around the holiday home including Ballyhienan Strand, Downings Beach, Tramore Strand and the fabulous Blue Flag Beach at Portsalon
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course just 11 km from the holiday home. The 2 championship courses at Rosapenna are a similar distance via the Harry Blaney Bridge
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road
* Hire kayaks or pedal boats from the water sports centre at Portsalon harbour
* Go deep sea fishing or sight seeing on Lough Swilly. Charter boats are based at Portsalon and at Rathmullan Pier
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
* Activity Centre at Rockhill Park in Kerrykeel