DescriptionThe Pier Chalets overlook the small sandy harbour at Portsalon and are ideally located for an activity filled holiday in north Donegal. Next door is the renowned Sarah's Stores and Restaurant and a 2 min walk takes you to one of Donegal's finest links courses. There's no tv or wifi, just miles of sandy beach and hill walking territory. Experience a real "get away from it all" holiday. Contact Maureen today to reserve your preferred dates.
The chalets overlook the sheltered Pier area which is ideal for safe swimming. The pub, shop, take away and Sarah’s restaurant are all located around the pier. Wet suits and pedal boats can be hired from the shop situated at the pier. Also sea fishing trips can be booked, Derry airport is only an hour away and Belfast International is under 2 hours.The award winning blue flag Ballymastocker beach is 10mins walk away and is ideal for walking, swimming, surfing, body boarding and wind surfing. Cycling and walking are freely available with deserted roads, beaches and mountains to investigate.
Within one hour drive there is Glenveagh National Park steeped in history and a great day out. Ards Forest Park is splendid for walks and a picnic. The Atlantic Drive offers spectacular views and beaches waiting to be explored. Numerous golf courses, fishing, mountaineering, hill walking and cycling are all available close by. Portsalon is a great central base to relax and explore the unspoilt beauty of the Fanad Peninsula and North West Donegal.
Activities and Attractions
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course (3 min walk)
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Portsalon, Ballywhoriskey, Rathmullan
* Try surfing at the nearby Adventure One Surf School in Ballyheirnan Bay
* Go deep sea fishing or sight seeing on Lough Swilly
* Go fly fishing at the Meadows fishery in nearby Rosnakill
* Use the new Mulroy Bridge to golf at Rosapenna or take a trip around the Atlantic Drive
* Climb Muckish and Errigal.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs.
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
For a holiday experience where fine beaches, a superb golf course and beautiful scenery are all on your doorstep, look no further than the Pier Chalets overlooking Portsalon Harbour.