Description(Reference number: 72241)
The Grace Escape is only a short walk to many of Whitby's amenities and tourist attractions such as the Swing Bridge, the 199 steps leading up to the Abbey, St. Mary's Church, many tearooms and boutique shops. It retains lots of its original character and is well presented, with quality fabrics and some original artwork. Built around 1863 to be home to Whitby patriarch, Gideon Smales, the property has been refurbished to provide all modern comforts and is now a spacious and comfortable quality holiday retreat with beautiful harbour views.
* Size: Sleeps 4, 2 bedrooms.
* Nearest beach: Less than 0.5 a mile.
* Nearest amenities: Less than 0.1 a mile.
* Pets: One dog is welcome.
* Short breaks: Available at this property.
* Smoking: Not allowed at this property.
* Rooms: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 Cloakroom, 1 Lounge, 1 Kitchen/Diner.
* Beds: 1 Double bed, 2 Single beds.
* Luxuries: TVs with Freeview and Amazon Prime TV, DVD player, DAB radio, free unlimited WiFi. Mobile phone signal is strong.
* General: Instant heat electric heaters. Gas central heating not available at present.
* Utilities: Fridge, freezer, 7 burner gas range cooker, coffee machine, microwave, washer dryer
* Standard: Toaster, kettle, Iron & Ironing board.
* Other: Bed linen and towels. Short breaks accepted out of high season. From the patio a flight of 13 steps up into the kitchen/diner. There is also a flight of 22 steps leading to the cottage from Church Street. The entrance to the top bedroom from the landing has quite low ceiling, you need to bend to go through and the staircase is very steep.
* Layout: The property is situated over 4 floors. Ground floor, first floor, second floor and third floor
* Outdoors: Small front patio with patio furniture.
* Parking: On street parking on a first come first served basis or at the public car park nearby.
* Mobility: Should there be any specific health or mobility difficulties which may affect a party member, this must be pointed out at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the property can be assessed.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment..