Description(Reference number: 72612)
Built on the only remaining wall of the 13th century Saint Germain-des-Prés Abbey, this apartment across three storeys still shows the bones of the old building. Although each room has been renovated to 21st-century standards, the original medieval abbey walls have been left exposed with stone arches and cornices even in the bathrooms. The double-height living room feels big and airy, with stonework from the abbey sitting alongside vibrant modern art. Up on the mezzanine, a study area and glass-fronted master bedroom overlook the living room. Down at the bottom level, another full living area – second sitting room, kitchen and dining – is decked out in 60s splendour, like discovering a time capsule in your basement. You’re in the 6th Arrondissement here, where local Parisian restaurants and cafés line tree-lined boulevards. The Jardin de Luxembourg is a ten-minute walk in one direction, and the Louvre is ten minutes in the other.
* Air conditioning is only available on the first floor
* As this home is a triplex, there are flights of steps to climb
* The second bedroom has no exterior window
* Guests staying in the third bedroom will use the double sofa-bed
* There is not much storage space in the third bedroom