DescriptionAn Teach Braini is a luxury modern holiday home with a truly stunning setting close to the shores of Loughros Beg Bay 3 km oustside the Heritage Town of Ardara. . The holiday home is blessed with a wonderfully scenic and peaceful location – it is the last house on a narrow winding country road that ends at the waters edge. The holiday home enjoys superb panoramic views over Loughros Beg Bay towards the golden sands of Maghera and the wide Atlantic Ocean beyond.
The holiday home has been carefully designed to enable the visitor to enjoy the stunning vista outside. All 3 bedrooms together with the dining area and the living room enjoy breathtaking sea and mountain views. This beautiful house is surrounded by a fenced-in lawn and has a complete stone finished exterior.
The Loughros Peninsula is a long narrow peninsula extending west from Ardara and ending in the dramatic Loughros Point. To the north of the Peninsula is Loughros Mor Bay and to the south is Loughros Beg Bay. The small roads around the peninsula offer magnificent sea and mountain views and there are number of lovely secluded beaches dotted around the rugged coastline. The beautiful Maghera Strand is visible from the holiday home – this beach is the location of the Maghera Caves. Nearby is the Assaranca Falls which tumbles over the cliffs above the beach
Ardara Town itself is a traditional centre for weaving and knitwear production. Its historical importance has been recognised in the granting of Heritage status to the town. The visitor will find a number of excellent restaurants in the locality as well as friendly pubs – several of which feature traditional music sessions. Ardara also hosts a number of festivals and other organised events throughout the year catering for almost every taste. These include a Bluegrass Festival, the Ardara Agriculture Show, the Cup O’Tae Festival, the Donegal Harvest Rally, an International Walking Festival - and weekends for traditional dancing and match-making.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Golf at Narin & Portnoo Golf Club
* Visit some of the many ancient monuments in the locality including Lough Doon Ring Fort, the Kilclooney Dolmen, and Ardara Fort at Hillhead.
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. There are 2 Waymarked Ways in the locality - The Bluestack Way and Slí Colmcille
* Explore the Sheskin More Nature Reserve
* Visit the Ardara Heritage Centre - this centre has a exhibition on the history of Donegal tweed since the 19th Century using text, photography, artifacts, audio visual displays and demonstrations
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Enjoy some of the local beauty spots - the Glengesh Pass, Maghera Caves, Loughros Point and the Assaranca Waterfalls
* Take a trip on the Fintown Railway - the only working railway in County Donegal which runs along the shores of the stunning Lough Finn