DescriptionSerenity Cottage is a modern newly built family home with spectacular uninterrupted views over Mulroy Bay. It is located on a hill just outside the holiday village of Carrigart in the North West of Donegal and is situated within newly landscaped grounds stretching to over an acre that include unique stone features.
Serenity is closely linked to a local smallholding - offering free range eggs, pork in season and children welcome. Homemade ready meals can be provided on request
A Relaxing Holiday Base
The accommodation is bright and contemporary with large windows to encapsulate that breathtaking panoramic view; the perfect place to unwind and de-stress. There are 4 spacious bedrooms, two of which offer king size beds; two fully tiled modern bathrooms, one on each floor; a kitchen / living area which is open plan and flows into the sunroom style dining room with its own superb views.
We are a little unique in that we are closely linked to a local organic smallholding with its hens, sheep, goats and pigs which has proved to be very popular with both adults and children. We also offer ready prepared meals on request taking the stress out of cooking after a long day on the beach or sightseeing.
Local Activities & Attractions
* The villages of Carrigart (3km) and Downings are close by and are popular seaside destinations with lively pubs and good restaurants
* Enjoy horse riding on the beach at Carrigart
* Golf at nearby Rosapenna Golf Club (within 6 km) – featuring two classic 18 hole links courses, the Old Tom Morris Course and the Sandy Hills Course, as well as a driving range. - Other splendid courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* There are numerous beautiful beaches in the locality– including the magnificent Tramore Strand - about 6km of golden sandy beach
* Enjoy surfing on one of the many spectacular beaches - local surf schools available
* Opportunity to dive in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - dive school with its own salt water pool located within walking distance of the holiday home
* There is an abundance of lakes and shore fishing with opportunities to go deep sea angling from Downings pier.
* Take a drive around the spectacular Atlantic Drive and Lough Salt Drive
* Visit the tiny village of Glen on the shores of Glen Lough. This is the location of the Old Glen Bar which is renowned throughout the region for its bar food.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, a 30 minute drive, with its castle, gardens and 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood & bogs populated with red deer
* Spend a day at Ards Forest Park with its children’s area, beach and woodland walks
* Use the nearby Mulroy Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula - highlights include Fanad Lighthouse, Portsalon Bech and Golf Club and the Knockalla Coast Road
* Partake of the leisure facilities at the nearby Magherabeg Leisure Centre in Downings featuring a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, and gym
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
* Climb Muckish and Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
Serenity Cottage offers the perfect base for your holiday in Donegal with its spectacular panoramic views over Mulroy Bay and the Fanad Peninsula. Rural, private and peaceful yet only a couple of minutes from the popular seaside villages of Carrigart and Downings.