DescriptionRottytoy Beach House is a newly built 4 bedroom holiday home with a stunning beach front setting in the townland of Maheralosk near Bunbeg. The location is very private with your nearest neighbour 400 metres away. The holiday home enjoys panoramic coastal views that encompass the rugged landscape of Rannafast and the beautiful Carrickfinn Peninsula with its golden sands.
An Idyllic Coastal Setting
A beautiful secluded beach is literally on the doorstep of the holiday home. From the front door is a very scenic 2km walk into Bunbeg. The holiday home also lies along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way – Irelands long distance driving route.
A Modern Holiday Home
This modern holiday home nestles into the rugged coastal landscape and is designed to take full advantage of the wonderful sea views outside. The ground floor features a large open plan area with kitchen dining and living spaces. The holiday home features a second living space that acts as a bar/ games room. There are 4 bedrooms to sleep 8 comfortably (1 ensuite). There is a shower room on the ground floor and a bathroom and shower room on the first floor
The coastal village of Bunbeg is a short drive or leisurely walk from the holiday home. Bunbeg has a quaint harbour and a wonderful Blue Flag beach. The local Huidi Beag pub is renowened for its music sessions. The region around Bunbeg is a Gaeltacht area where the Irish language is still widely spoken.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Use the holiday home as a base to explore the Wild Atlantic Way in West and North West Donegal
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course.
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. Slí an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - passes close by the holiday home.
* Try sailing or kayaking with Selkie Sailing based in nearby Derrybeg
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep - there are two Blue Flag Beaches in the locality - Magheraclogher Strand in Bunbeg and Carrickfinn beach
* Relax in the An Chuirt Hotel Leisure Centre
* Take a day trip to Tory Island , Inishbofin or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheraroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Fish for salmon on the Clady river