Description(Reference number: 77627)
Pedra Real is built into the ruins of the old Santo André church in Alfama, which has been beautifully restored and equipped with modern minimalist furnishings. The original walls are part of most rooms, which sometimes creates odd shapes and sloping ceilings (something to look out for if you're particularly tall). With architectural features this diverse, only a small number of art pieces get to adorn the walls before it gets kitschy – a direction the host has diligently taken and created a beautiful hybrid.
* There aren't any chairs to sit on in the bedrooms
* As is the case with most homes in Alfama, the internet isn't the fastest
* There aren't enough seats for the maximum occupancy in the communal area
* The master ensuite has no door, only a curtain
* There are no wardrobes in this home – only rails with a couple of hangers
* A bit of a pet peeve, but - neither the crockery and cutlery have enough matching items for all guests to eat with the same ones