DescriptionModern newly built 4 bedroom house located directly on the seafront in Derrybeg, Gweedore. Only minutes walk to local shops and pubs and a great base for exploring the dramatic scenery of North West Donegal.
This stunning 4 bedroom property enjoys many advantages. It is bright and spacious throughout and has been designed in an open-plan fashion which is ideal for families or groups. The house enjoys exclusive access to the strand frontage. Magherastrand House is set back from the road and this ensures a tranquil and relaxing stay.
The area is famed for its sheltered sandy beaches, spectacular rugged coastline and the warmth of the welcome extended to visitors to the area.
In the long evenings locals and visitors gather in the villages pubs to listen to live traditional music - indeed this area is the heartland of such renowned groups as Altan and Clannad.
There is a good selection of restaurants in the area such as Ostan Gweedore which has an award winning sea-food restaurant, and Teach Jack in Glassagh, being well worth a visit. Traditional music sessions can be found in the local pubs nightly.
Within the immediate area of the house there are a number of Donegal’s scenic attractions. Dunlewey Lakeside Centre & Mount Errigal, Poisen Glen, Bloody Foreleand with Knockfola Mountain and spectacular views out to Tory Island, Magheragallon and Port Arthur Beaches, Donegal International Airport, Dungloe, home of the Mary from Dungloe Festival. Gola Island and Tory Island. Gweedore is an area of national cultural significance. It is the centre of the Donegal Gaeltacht and the primary area for Irish language learning. Hudai Beags, Teach Jack and Leo’s Tavern are all focal points for traditional music.
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course
* Relax in the Ostan Gweedore Leisure Centre
* Fish for salmon on the Clady river
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheraroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.