DescriptionKate’s Cottage is a single storey holiday home located on the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula just 1.5km north of the beach and golf resort of Downings in North Donegal. The holiday home lies just off the route of the dramatic Atlantic Drive round Rosguil – a scenic drive that is now incorporated into Irelands Wild Atlantic Way.
The holiday home itself has 3 bedrooms to sleep 7 people comfortably. It has a bright open plan area with a well equipped kitchen, dining area and a living area with a lovely open fireplace. A second living space is provided by a sun room which enjoys views towards Sheephaven Bay
Downings:: A Beach and Golf Resort
The holiday home is a short drive or a leisurely walk into Downing village. This popular family holiday resort is centred around a quaint harbour and a beautiful beach which is a mecca for watersports enthusiasts. Downings is well served with pubs, cafes, and hotels and has the added advantage of an indoor leisure centre.
Just south of Downings is the top class Rosapenna Golf Resort. This golf complex features two championship links courses – The Sandy Hills Course and The Old Tom Morris Course. Both courses are a superb test of links golf. Rospaenna also has a driving range and a pitch and putt course. Running along the length of the golf links is the superb Tramore Strand – a fabulous 4km long beach.
The Atlantic Drive
The Rosguill Peninsula is ruggedly beautiful peninsula that separates Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay. It is dotted with small sandy beaches, coves and headlands. Following the route of the Atlantic Drive around Roguill is the ideal way to appreciate its beauty. This can be done on foot or on a bicycle as well as by car.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep – Downings, Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan, Melmore.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the neaby Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Mevagh Dive Centre is based in Carrigart
* Use the Harry Blaney Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.