The house is situated in the centre of the picturesque seaside village of Downings in Co Donegal. All the amenities of the village â€“ shops, hotels, restaurants â€“ are close at hand while the beautiful beach is a minutes walk away. This beach is a mecca for water sports enthusiasts and is very safe for children. The superb Rosapenna Golf Resort featuring 2 championship links courses is less than 1km from the front door.
A Holiday Home in the Heart of the Village
The holiday home has an open plan ground floor with living, kitchen and dining spaces. It features a wood burning stove and has the added advantage of free WiFi. There are 3 bedrooms to sleep 6 and a shower room. There is a large garden with trampoline out the back.
The Rosguill Peninsula
The village of Downings itself is situated on the ruggedly beautiful Rosguill Peninsula. The coastline of this peninsula has numerous beaches, sandy coves and rocky headlands. The coast road around Rosguill was always known as the Atlantic Drive and is now part of the Wild Atlantic Way. The Murder Hole Beach is a true hidden gem along this scenic driving route.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep â€“ Downings, Tra na Rossan, Melmore , Tramore Strand and the Murder Hole Beach
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings Pier. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club â€“ featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Try your hand at Pitch and Putt At the Rosapenna golf Complex
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the Magherabeg Leisure Centre including swimming pool
* Go Pony Trekking in the region â€“ there are several equestrian centres in and around nearby Carrigart
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Mevagh Dive Centre is based in nearby Car ...