DescriptionHorn Head Corncrake Cottage is a wonderful traditional style holiday home located 2km from the popular holiday village of Dunfanaghy in North West Donegal. The cottage is situated near the start of one of the most spectacular coastal drives in Ireland - Horn Head.
The cottage can accommodate up to 10 people in 4 spacious bedrooms.
The open plan ground floor of the cottage combines the ease of modern living with the charm of a bygone era
The village of Dunfanaghy - and the nearby village of Port-na-Blagh - are popular tourist resorts with lively pubs and a good choice of restaurants. There is something for everyone in this beautiful area, from horse-riding to golf, from browsing around the local art galleries to taking leisurely strolls along the magnificent beaches
The village of Dunfanaghy is located on the shores of Sheephaven Bay and is surrounded by spectacular coastal and mountain scenery. Just a short drive from the from the holiday home is the beautiful Killyhoey Beach - a three mile stretch of golden sand providing safe bathing
In addition to Killahoey there are three other superb beaches in this beautiful part of Donegal - Ards, Tramore and Marble Hill. Overlooking Marble Hill Strand is the superb new Shandon Hotel Spa and Wellness Centre. This modern Spa has a hydrotherapy floor and 8 treatment rooms
Concrake Cottage Horn Head is centrally located on the North Donegal coastline. There are few areas of Ireland which enjoy such an unspoilt environment with a wealth of opportunity for open-air activities
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Horn Head with its striking cliffs scenery and a wide variety of bird life
* Golf on nearby Dunfanaghy Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course.
* Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Killahoey, Marble Hill, Tramore, Ards
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Sheephaven Bay
* Go fishing on Sessiagh Lake, Purt Lake or New Lake - or enjoy sea angling at Portnablagh
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
For a holiday experience where good food, great beaches and beautiful scenery are on your doorstep, look no further than this wonderful holiday home near the charming village of Dunfanaghy