Hillcrest Holiday Home is a 4 bedroom holiday home set admist the ruggedly beautiful landscape of Cruit Island in West Donegal. With a choice of sandy beaches within walking distance from the front door, Hillcrest is ideal for family holidays. It is also a perfect base to explore the Rosses and Gweedore – two of the most scenic parts of Co Donegal.
This homely self catering accommodation has 4 bedrooms to sleep up to 7 comfortably. The ground floor is open plan with a wonderful conservatory style living area enjoying spectacular sea views. The spacious newly fitted solid oak kitchen has a washing machine and dishwasher and a dining area with seating for 6. There is also a seating area in front of a warm and inviting fireplace – turf is supplied on request. Outside there are mature landscaped gounds and ample parking. The property has a Bathroom/Shower Room and an additional shower room.
Local Activities and Attractions
* Golf on nearby Cruit Island Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course.
* Enjoy peaceful walks, deserted beaches, magnificent rockscapes, a wealth of wild flowers and rare bird-life - all on your doorstep.
* Visit the Daniel O Donnell Visitor Centre in Dungloe. This centre is dedicated to the Kincasslagh singer and features a large collection memorabilia and awards collected over the years.
* Try some of the local award winning restaurants in the region - Danny Minnies in Annagry or the Lobster Pot in Burtonport
* Go Kayaking near Carrickfinn beach (Rapidkayak) or from Kincasslagh Pier
* Try fly fishing on the nearby lakes of the Rosses
* Visit Leo’s Tavern in Meenaleck – the home of world renowned Clannad and Enya
* Visit the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Take a day trip to Aranmore, Tory Island or Gola Island.
* Climb Errigal Mountain
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own