DescriptionHawthorn House is a holiday home situated in a scenic location just 4km from the Heritage Town of Ardara in south west Co Donegal. This homely self catering accommodation is only 5km from the Blue Flag Narin Beach beach and the superb Narin and Portnoo 18 hole golf course. It is an ideal base for a relaxing break at any time of the year.
Hawthorn House features two double bedrooms and a shared bathroom. One of the bedrooms also has a wash hand basin. There is a kitchen/dining room and a separate sitting room with an open fire. The spacious garden provides ample private parking.
Ardara::Festival Capital of Donegal
The area of Ardara is famous for its spectacular scenery, beautiful unspoilt beaches, and the hospitality of its people. Ardara is a designated Heritage Town and also a well known centre for the manufacture of Donegal homespun tweeds. The town is also well renowned for its numerous festivals which take place throughout the year.
South West Donegal
Some of the main scenic points near the town are the Glengesh Pass, the Maghera Falls and the views out over the Atlantic from Loughros Point. There is salmon and trout fishing nearby and great opportunities for walking, cycling or pitch and putt.
The holiday home is an ideal base to make a number of daytrips to some of Donegal's major attractions. These include the Slieve League Cliffs and the Folk Village at Glencolmcille, Glenveagh National Park, Historic Donegal Town and the surfing resorts of Bundoran and Rossnowlagh.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. There are 2 Waymarked Ways in the locality - The Bluestack Way and Slí Colmcille
* Fish on the River Owenea Fishery between Ardara and Glenties
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality
* Golf at Narin & Portnoo Golf Club or play pitch and putt at nearby Sandfield
* Visit some of the many ancient monuments in the locality including Lough Doon Ring Fort, the Kilclooney Dolmen, and Ardara Fort at Hillhead.
* Explore the Sheskin More Nature Reserve
* Visit the Ardara Heritage Centre - this centre has a exhibition on the history of Donegal tweed since the 19th Century using text, photography, artifacts, audio visual displays and demonstrations
* Take a trip on the Fintown Railway - the only working railway in County Donegal which runs along the shores of the stunning Lough Finn