Description(Reference number: 78809)
Have you ever had a bath under the watchful eye of an albino lioness? Well, us neither, but that's about to change because we can't wait to book a stay at this outlandish beachside home. Once inside you'll find it hard to believe this was once a 19th-century fisherman's cottage - the owners have done an extraordinary job transforming in into an East London-style design palace with statement House of Hackney-style wallpaper, taxidermy animals, sculptural lighting and artwork that you'd expect to see in the Saatchi Gallery (we're talking Tracy Emin and Peter Blake originals). But for all the provocative design choices, this home is wonderfully liveable - style has certainly not been prioritised over comfort. In the bedrooms, King-sized beds are perfected with exceptional Egyptian cotton bedding. In the living room, we loved the butter softness of the velvet sofas - they're an absolute dream to relax on. And that zinc bathtub next to the lioness guarantees the most luxurious - and memorable - soak of your life. With so much going on inside it's easy to forget that this home has an unrivalled location right on the beach at Kingsdown (the sea views from the master bedroom are divine), but for an unforgettable beach escape, this dramatic home is impossible to beat.
* You'll want a car to get around and explore the local area
* Guests with small children: some of the art work in the living room features expletives
* The kitchen has a Quooker (instant boiling water) tap, so guests should be careful not to burn themselves when using it
* There are narrow stairs inside this home
* The front rooms of this house are quite visible to people walking past on the street