DescriptionCosy Nook is a little 3 bedroom cottage in north Fanad. Located in Ballymichael, this traditional style stone cottage, has many original features. Two rocking chairs feature in the lounge, along with rich carpeting which add to the comfort and homely character. An affordable, attractive holiday home, it is particularly suitable for off-season holidays with central heating and electric blankets on all beds.
Located Along Wild Atlantic Way
It is located on the route of the Wild Atlantic Way, surrounded by the spectacular coastlines of the Mulroy and Swilly; panoramic views stretch from Horn Head to the Inishowen Peninsula. Come and stay – awake to birdsong, relax on the sheltered secluded patio, soak in the peace and beauty that surrounds you. Walk nearby beaches, trek along the many hill paths and sample the many attractions Fanad has to offer. A refreshing holiday awaits you here in Cosy Nook! * * * * * For AVAILIBILITY * * * * * Go to OWNER'S WEBSITE above.
On The Doorstep
* Refresh your spirit with the sound of the waves at the local rocky strand.
* Dance like nobody’s watching, sing like nobody’s listening on the local sandy beach: most likely, you’ll have it all to yourself!
* Lighthouse Tavern – 15 mins walk
* Lighthouse – 25 mins walk
* Local Shops and Post Office 2.5 km
* Nearest Supermarket at Portsalon Crossroads
The Fanad Peninsula
Numerous beaches, shores and lakes in the area offer the chance of surfing, boat trips, windsurfing, sea angling, rock and lake fishing, and hill walking. If you prefer less strenuous activities there are ample opportunities for sightseeing: scenic drives around the spectacular coastline of Fanad and beyond.
If you like a round of golf and some fine dining, Fanad offers that as well. Panoramic views and unspoilt countryside are a real source of inspiration for the artist.
One of Ireland’s spectacular and most photographed lighthouses at Fanad Head is less than 2.5km away - a jewel of the Wild Atlantic Way. A guided Tour to the top of the Lighthouse is an unforgettable experience – a lasting memory of your stay in Cosy Nook.
Activities / Attractions
* Book a tour of the Lighthouse – open to the public in 2016: www.fanadlighthouse.com
* Superb beaches all about – within 10km e.g. White Shore, Ballyhiernan, Doaghbeg, Drumnacraig, Portsalon, Blue Flag beach at Ballymastocker Bay beside Portsalon
* Spectacular scenic drives hugging the coastlines of the Mulroy, or the Swilly
* Surfing at the Adventure One Surf School in nearby Ballyhiernan Bay – 4.5km
* Fanad Lake Angling Club, Kindrum. Brown Trout. Fishing permits & Boat Hire:
* Fishing at the Meadows Trout Fishery in Rossnakill – 8km Tel: 086 8047516 or Facebook
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course – 10km
* Eel Burn Pitch & Putt – 4.5 km
* Championship course at Rosapenna accessible via the Mulroy Bridge
* Kayaks etc. for hire from Water Sports at Portsalon Pier
* Deep sea fishing or sightseeing on Lough Swilly. Charter boats based at Rathmullan Piers
* Activity Centre at Rockhill Park in Kerrykeel.
* Electric and Hybrid bike hire located across the Mulroy Bridge in Termon. Take the pain out of cycling & enjoy north Donegal’s spectacular scenery
* Mevagh Dive Centre near Carrigart is Ireland’s largest Centre - all under one roof, with Diving Equipment Sales, Hire, Servicing, Cylinder Testing and our new state of the art Swimming Pool
* Pony Trekking at Carrigart Riding Stables, Wood Quarter, Carrigart
* Take Car Ferry from Rathmullan to Buncrana in July & August and explore the Inishowen Peninsula
* Glenveagh National Park with its Castle and Gardens , an hour’s drive, with 16,000 hectares of woods, mountains, lakes and bogs. Largest red deer population in Europe. Several walks. A must for the first time visitor to Donegal