Beal na Toinne is a compact holiday rental located close to the shoreline along the Wild Atlantic Way just off the Strand Road at Magheragallon. The cottage lies between Bunbeg and Derrybeg in west Donegal and is close to the local GAA pitch.
Donegal Airport at Carrickfinn is a 20 min drive southwards along the coast. Catch the ferry to Tory Island at the nearby harbour or take a short car journey and explore the spectacular beauty of Glenveagh National Park. Beal na Toinne makes a convenient base for your stay along Donegal's section of the Wild Atlantic Way.
Bunbeg is located in the Gaeltacht area of north west Donegal where the Irish language is still very much alive. The area is home to such groups as Altan and Clannad whose music is imbued with the culture and traditions of the area. Bunbeg offers the visitor an ideal base from which to explore the islands and the surrounding countryside.
The area is extremely well served with a variety of shops selling everything from the necessities to locally produced arts and crafts. As befits a small village, Bunbeg has a beautiful little harbour which is built in a sheltered enclave, where the Clady river enters the sea. This is an idyllic holiday location, rich in heritage, culture and a CÃ©ad MÃle FÃ¡ilte unmatched elsewhere
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club â€“ a challenging and vey scenic 9 hole links course.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Visit the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16, ...