Located in Downings just yards from the beach and a 2 minute walk from the Harbour Bar this is ideally placed as a base for holidaying in this popular seaside village. From the front bedroom balcony there are views over the pier and Sheephaven Bay. All the amenities of the village, shops, pubs, hotels etc are literally on your door front and Rosapenna Golf Club is only a short walk away. The interior of the house is comfortably furnished.
The village of Downings is a very popular tourist resort and fishing port with lively pubs and night-life. It is situated on the beautiful Rosguil Peninsula. The natural landscape of this peninsula provides the basis for many of the activities that the visitor can enjoy.
In addition to an abundance of golden sandy beaches there are many water based activities in the Downings area - including windsurfing, deep sea diving, sea angling and boat charters. There is also horse riding and hill walking. The Magherabeg Leisure Centre is located in Downings and features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep - Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan, Downings, Melmore
* Downings beach is very popular for water sports such as wind surfers, kite surfers and water skiing
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay
* Try the Magherabeg Leisure Centre in Downings - facilities include a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym
* Take a trip around the spectacular Atlantic Drive and Lough Salt Drive
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs.
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* With the opening of the Mulroy Bridge the holiday home is now centrally placed to explore three of the most dramatic peninsulas in Ire ...