10 Magherabeg is a modern 4 bedroom holiday home situated on a hillside above the popular holiday resort of Downings. From its elevated setting the holiday home enjoys panoramic views over the coastline in this beautiful part of Donegal. The views include Tramore Strand, Rossapenna Golf Club, Downings Harbour, Sheephaven Bay and Muckish Mountain.
The area around the holiday home is renowned for its golden sandy beaches with the Blue Flag Downings beach within easy walking distance and the fabulous Tramore Strand less than 2km away. There are numerous other beaches dotted around the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula.
The village of Downings itself is a popular seaside resort with lively pubs and a good choice of restaurants. There is something for everyone in this beautiful area, from horse-riding to golf, from browsing around the local craft galleries to taking leisurely strolls along the magnificent beaches
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep â€“ Downings, Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan, Melmore.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club â€“ featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the neaby Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Mevagh Dive Centre is based in Carrigart
* Use the Harry Blaney Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. ...